Friday, December 16, 2011

Top 12 Christmas Activities... Not traditions we will get to that later....

My top 12 favorite things to do at Christmas time....
12. The school sing along I know its silly but the kids singing their songs I love it... I rememer singing in a big Christmas tree at Fashion Place mall as a kid..
11.The preschool singing program and the kids piano recital their is just something about Christmas music I guess.... The preschool program is always great too because you never know what the kids will do.
10. Christmas Dance Recital... I think however I am so glad when it is over!!
9.Wrapping presents night the last two years I have had a night at the studio with Tom and freinds watching movies... other years we have gone to a condo with friends etc...
8.Shopping as a kid was my favorite thing about Christmas, me and all my siblings would go the day before together and put all our money together and buy a gift for each person, one time we bought this organizer for sewing stuff for my mom and spent most of our money..... so we picked little things for ourselves and some little #1 dad thing for my dad but we were beyond excited to give my mom the organizer thing... (I don't think she ever used it but hey..)
7.The Nutcracker, I love it I love going with my girls, I loved going with my grandma I loved that she took just me to it sometimes it was so fun... last year was so fun because one of my students was in it.
6.Breakfast with Santa, my grandma used to take us to that every year too. Its so fun to take little kids to.
5.Driving around to see lights, Christmas street etc.. I am a whimp however I like to see it from the comfort of my car more then walking around Temple Square, that can be a good time too.... one year Maddie told us did you know there is this place down town by the temple that has lights you can see.... she was like 10... I felt kind of bad she had no idea about Temple square.
4.Taking my kids shopping for each other. I love what they pick out for each other, especially when they are little.. Star Wars tie for Tom a fry maker for Maddie.... I love how their little minds work picking for others....
3.Doing Secret/Sub for Santa's some years we have gone to great extent to be sneaky and it has made it so much fun....
2.Watching Christmas movies... on Christmas Eve I watch Its a Wonderful life all by my self every year and I love it, I love watching Christmas Vacation with my mom she laughs and snorts so hard.... Elf with my kids is fun to watch too....
1.Decorating the Christmas Tree and my house... I love all the Christmas decorations I absolutely love having the lighted Christmas tree to greet me each morning, the smells of pine the glow at night of only the tree, it is just so magical!! I love having Chrismtas lights on all the houses and having nativity sets and pictures around the house...

What are your favorite things to do at Christmas time??

3 comments:

Autumn and Mitch said...

my favorite thing at christmas time is taking my kids to dinner and shopping one at a time for each other. I love the preschool program and I love staying up almost all night christmas eve wrapping while a christmas carol plays over and over and over on tbs or tnt or whatever its on. I like trying to find a gift that is going to make whoever it is for smile. I like going to the temple lights with my kids and freezing our butts off. but i guess all this is traditions right?

Autumn and Mitch said...

sorry this is amber not autumn I am on her computer at work ha ha

Carlye Momma said...

Oooo who doesn't love a good Preschool program??? They are the cutest! I hate that the schools have stopped doing the Christmas programs. Makes me so sad! I also love wrapping Christmas eve all night while watching A Christmas Story Amberlina! That's my favorite. It's a classic. Elf is definitely my very favorite Christmas movie...but that's just my tradish. I loved coming to your wrapping party last year too. That was a great time! I love all of the Christmas parties...even though it can get very tiring by the end of the season. I love driving around and looking at Christmas lights. We do this almost every night. The kids' favorites are the ones with a radio station. That's where they heard the Italian Christmas Donkey for the first time and it's now one of their very favorite songs. I LOVE getting the mail at Christmas time and finding a new Christmas card from someone who made a special effort to think of our family at Christmas time.

Autumn, I mean Amber, I think your shopping and dinner idea is such a cute one! Perhaps we will steal that this year. I love it! So cute! I do love seeing what each child has chosen for the other. So very sweet and funny.

I think my very most favorite thing is all of the together family and friend time you get at this time of year. Sometimes it's the only time of year that everyone makes that extra effort to get together. Anyway...it's a very sentimental, special time. I love the spirit Christmas brings.