Monday, December 19, 2011

6th Day of Christmas


Check out my parents Christmas card.... thanks to Corbin he took the photos, and then photo shopped himself into the picture... I love it, it is so fun... see if you can find....1. the person with only one real leg jumping in, 2. the pregnant girl, 3. the ice dancers, 4.how many pictures their is a lurking child in the back ground, 5. the one who wouldn't join in the red fest,6. who is photo shopped in, 7.how many people are on the slide,8. how many people in the picture all together, 9. figure out who the 3 missing from the picture are (from the White family) 10. find the one posing the wrong direction thinking the photo shopped person would be on the other side, 11. Find Alan, 12. Find tattoo's long lost cousin.....

Instead of top 12 tonight I will give you 12 different thoughts or comments on Christmas cards....
or you can play the find the 12 above... don't click on the picture until after you have guessed, lets see what you come up with...
1. I love them, I love to get them I love to hang them in my house, I love that someone has thought to send me one.
2. I love the ones with pictures best.
3. I hate family letters for the most part(my friend Julie got one from a friend however that was making fun of them and it was really funny! I would like that kind) The letters are brag fests, I don't know why I don't care too much for them. I do have one family that sends me one and they lived by us years ago and it does not seem to be bragging about vacations or listing which child is most successful and trying to word correctly the child who is on the loser side of things it just gives a quick note as to what each child is up to and I love being updated.... so I guess I'm saying some of the are ok, but others I don't care so much for.
4. My Grandpa's cards cracks me straight up,
5. I have toyed with the idea of making a coffee table book of some of the funniest Christmas cards I have seen....
6. I was saving those cards for my book and then felt kind of mean like the people whose cards I saved may get their feelings hurt..... so I threw them away...
7. Now I wish I still had them for my own little moments to laugh....
8. My 3 favorites include 1. 3 adults and one child all in matching outfits...... a gay couple and their cat..... a family as characters in one of Tom's favorite movies.....
9. I think a personal note in just a store bought card is so much better then just a signed/stamped name....
10.I think of little Christmas card sayings or ideas through out the year, but don't always even send them out, and never use my clever ideas...
11. I am really stretching this to be 12 thoughts and it is a really lame post sorry for anyone who has continued to read this... Just trying to post each day since I sucked at posting all year...
12. Send me your Christmas card or let me know if you want mine.... I would love to put them up on my Christmas card garland....

(I really have a comment for 11 now.... did you know one year I left one of my kids names off of the card?? What kind of mother am I)

What is your opinion on cards do you feel it is a dying trend that is ok to let go, or do we need to keep it going?

3 comments:

andrewandshawnawhite said...

Lol I love it!!! Good idea.. I think it should be our lake powell tradition... Although it makes me miss Lake powell and summer!!! I loved your coffee table book idea you should still do it I will start saving some for you:-) I do not like the yearly updates either... I only like the picture ones and I think it's sad that hardly anyone sends them anymore I usually have my whole holder full and this year I have hardly any I think everyone should send them!! I also think if you send them one year you have to always send them:-) It's one of my favorite things about Christmas I get so excited to get the mail:-) I also don't like when people email them to you it drives me crazy that is not the same as sending a Christmas card sometimes technology drives me crazy:-)

Kristin said...

Hi Tiffany- found your blog and laughed out loud at some of your Christmas card thoughts. Agree with the email cards, not my favorite! But do LOVE getting updated pictures of friends and family and Larry and I always laugh at brag letters. Think it's funny too when they slip in a small testimony of the Savior at the end. And your coffee table book of funny cards is a great idea. Thanks for the laugh! I hope the idea of sending cards is not dying out because it is so fun to look at all the cards hung up from friends and family during the season cause that's what it's about right? - everyone you love. BTW ***Alexa loved the recital!*** Thanks:)

Carlye Momma said...

Oh I absolutely LOVED getting the mail today when opening up this fantastic treat!!! SERIOUSLY...FAVORITE CARD EVER!!! I had to look at it while reading through your list of things to find...like one of those find it books you know? I think Gus Gus behind Shawna and Andrew is my favorite...or your dad in his hawaiian shorts while everyone else is in jammies. R.A.D!!!

Ok, A: Christmas cards are my very favorite! I kept mine up all year long from last year and took them down in September, not because I wanted them down...but then realized I would shortly have a whole wall of new ones to fill it back up.

2: the brag letters are SO awesome! I haven't gotten a one this year...maybe someone got the hint or something. Your comment about the quick nice thing about the kid that's loserish cracked me right up! SO true! SAD!

and c: I sure hope it doesn't die. Christmas is the only time of year that I check my mail daily. It's like Christmas...HAHA! I always slack at the ones I plan to hand deliver with gifts (like neighbors and family) so I feel like they got jipped out of having our lovely faces grace their card display for the whole season long. Bummer for those peeps right?

Oh, and I'm pretty sure I saw Cam shed a real live tear tonight when he looked at your family card. You know, cuz Lake Powell sounds absolutely HEAVENLY right now.

Ah...I liked this post a whole lot friend. Thanks for the laughs.