This year I am going to do a top 12 each day for the 12 days of Christmas.... today I will start with my top 12 Christmas songs......
#12 No Place like Home for the Holidays... dumb reason, but there were these 2 girls I took dance with when I was little and they did a duet to it and it was super cute and I've always just liked it since.... dumb
#11 "Christmas is My Favorite time of the Year" Kenny Rogers, who doesn't love a good ole Kenny Rogers song... this one especially, with... the mist of wonder that lies under my tree, the gift of memories waiting for me... or the laughter in the children's eyes.... love it... a boy in high school bought me this tape.... weird....
#10 Dreaming of a White Christmas... I love the old time singers deep voices and I love that they are still playing their songs on the radio at Christmas time.... a little Bing Crosby always put me in the Christmas mood.
#9 Silent Night I love to listen to this one on Christmas Eve and just imagine the still quietness of the first Christmas night.
#8 Oh Come all Ye Faithful favorite churchish one...
#7 Jingle Bell Rock, it reminds me of my Grandpa White... he sang this song to me and I thought he had made up his own version of Jingle bells only his was more rockish...
#6 Walking in A Winter Wonderland.... I got this tape recorder thing in 5th grade, and I recorded this song off the radio, I loved it then, and now it just reminds me of that silly little rectangular shaped black and silver tape recorder that I loved so much....
#5 Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas..... I love this song because I love all the family togetherness at Christmas time and the line "through the year we all will be together" is my favorite line...
#4The primary song not sure of the name but it's .....This is the Season beloved of the year sing a rhyme Christmas time soon will be here...... love that song
#3 Baby it's Cold outside (the one from elf) I think its just fun...
#2 Winter's Night "Sarah McLauglin I like to drive in my car and pretend I could be singer to this song... it is so pretty, I think Sarah could give Jewel a run for her money for those of you who know my Jewel story....
#1 Old City Bar by Transiberian Orchestra.... Love the story this song tells, love the magic of Christmas... I love the last part that says... "If you want to arrange it this world you can change it if we could somehow make this Christmas thing last, by helping a neighbor or even a stranger. To know who needs help all we need only just ask"..... Best line of a song!!! Isn't that what it's all about?
This has gotten harder over the past few years, I usually love Christmas music, but with my dance studio I go from Summer Vacation (which I am always super sad to see summer end) straight to listening to Christmas music literally because we have to start learning dances for our recital... so I then hear the same songs over and over and over and get a little tired of them. I do still love Christmas music though almost all of them too (not the Christmas shoes though)
What are your Favorite Christmas songs??
I will try and download some of these tomorrow, but I had to get my first day of Christmas up before it was too late..... I didn't do this last year and felt a little discombobulated!
S.O. Winter Area Games
12 years ago




3 comments:
I always love little drummer boy but only sung by men its not a girl song... I love Oh Come All Ye Faithful, and for the last few years Alan Jacksons Let It Be Christmas. Those are my favorites
My favorite is O Holy Night. I am with Amber Drummer boy only by a boy, I also love that is has been her favorite since she was like 16, which was only like 11 years ago right Amber. I also hate Christmas Shoes, such a stupid song. Gag. Marsha also pointed out to me what an incredible message Joy to the World has. I just love Christmas Musice. After all whats the best way to spread christmas cheer? Singing loud for all to hear.
Stinking cute post. I do love Christmas music...I'll give you my top 12...but not in any specific order.
1. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting) - It's my favorite to sing.
2. O Holy Night - probably Celine Dion's version is my favorite. But I love when the choir joins in.
3. I'll be Home for Christmas - right now Rascal Flatts' version is my fave. I love a capella when it's good. Their's is awesome!
4. That Spirit of Christmas - Ray Charles His voice, the words of the song, everything about it just makes me think of all of my Christmases with my family...especially my daddy...and how hard he and my mom work each year to make sure we feel the spirit of christmas, no matter what our financial situation. You know...cuz that's not what it's ALL about.
5. Breath of Heaven - my sister's version is a hundred million times better than Amy Grant's. I absolutely LOVE this perspective of how Mary must have felt.
6. What Christmas Means To Me - Stevie Wonder because he's AWESOME!
7. Wintersong - Sarah McLaughlan - I agree...she has one of the most peaceful voices ever. This song is so precious and makes me want to snuggle up on the couch with a blanket by the christmas tree with a fire going. (It's also become a very sad song and gained new meaning this year for me...thinking about Nat missing her Jer)
8. Silent Night is also one of my faves...the best is Trans Siberion Orchestra's version.
9. So This is Christmas - Celine Dion's version I really love her. You can hate me. I just love a big orchestra and choir behind someone singing their guts out
10. Do They Know It's Christmas Time - Band Aid...Another classic that has a million of my favorite singers all singing together.
11. White Christmas - Bing Crosby Who doesn't dream of one? One of my favorite things about living here in Utah. And his classic voice...just puts me in the Christmassy mood.
12. On This Winter's Night - Lady Antebellum - one of my newer faves. Love the band so much...and such a pretty song.
That was kind of tough to narrow it down. Thanks for putting me in the Christmas mood. Love ya! Can't wait to follow all of your Christmas posts. :-)
Post a Comment