Thursday, December 15, 2011

2nd Day of Christmas Top 12.....

My top 12 countdown today is my 12 favorite Christmas treats..... This is hard I love treats so much, you know I can drink caramel with a straw and I eat it until I'm literally sick so here goes...

#12 Those White Danish Wedding cookies, I don't know if they are a Christmas treat but I only get them from nice people for Christmas those are delightful I must say.
#11 Pumpkin/spice cookies pumpkin pie pumpkin rolls with cream cheese in the middle.
#10 A good sugar cookie especially the ones shaped like candy canes and they have red and white dough twisted together so cute.... I really like the sugar cookies made with sour cream though in any shape.
#9 I know its not really a treat but I like that pomegranate 7 up they only make at Christmas time.
#8 Cinnamon Rolls, when I was little that is what my mom always made for all the neighbors... I loved helping her cut them with dental floss, and my mom is the master at making frosting.
#7 Orange Crisp Cookies the cute little flower design the memories all better then the actually taste but they do taste great.
#6 Orange rolls I love these on Christmas morning.....
#5 The danish cookies you know the shortbread kind in the round tins... I have been known to throw down a couple full tins myself of those (almost my entire weight gain in my pregnancy with Hayden happened in the month of Dec due to these bad boys!)
#4Homemade fudge it has to be milky enough though but ya that sounds delightful too!
#3Orange sticks... I can eat a whole box... I know I used to think they were nasty too, but I tell ya they are great. The chocolate orange is good too and it reminds me of my great grandma who used to tell me they got an orange for Christmas and that was about it....can you imagine?
#2Caramel popcorn, especially Natalie's that is fabulous, the kind of caramel popcorn you have to have a wipey to clean your hands after every few handfuls...
and my #1 Favorite.... drum roll .........Homemade caramels wrapped in the that waxey paper oh man if I were on death row that would definitely be included in my last meal request!

Let's be honest I'm a sucker for treats and will probably dream about ones I left out.... What are your favorites??

2 comments:

Autumn and Mitch said...

Oh I love those cinnamon almonds people make. Yum! Remember how I asked you for the orange cookies? Yeah could you make me some? Since your the only one Grandma gave her tool and recipie too. Mitchs family makes this delicious Christmas Fudge it has marshmellows in it. Also this Christmas Slush that is soooo tasty. I think drinks are a treat Tiffany, cause I also love the Pomegranate 7 up but the diet tastes better for some reason.

Carlye Momma said...

You crack me up. I love toffee and really ANYTHING chocolate. I think my very favorite is Texas Sheetcake or the chocolate cake from this bakery in Holladay called Normandie Bakery. You have to have one sliver of it to a full glass of milk because it's so rich. Ooo and I love the cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. SO yummilicious. Now I'm drooling. Oh yes, how could I forget...on Christmas Eve my mom makes this steamed chocolate pudding with a vanilla sauce that you pour over it. She bakes an almond into the cake/pudding and whoever finds the almond gets a silver dollar. This is my favorite Christmas tradition in my family...probably because I'm usually the winner. :-)