
Day 2 of our trip ended like this...... I post this first because until I posted the pictures its all I could remember. I have heard from Tom's brother Brian that you do not drive from Vegas to California on a Sunday afternoon, that you should leave before noon.....
uhh I definitely should have listened!!! This is a really bad picture, but I was trying to capture the lights of cars going as far as the eye could see. We were stuck in bumper to bumper traffic going an average of 5 miles an hour for almost 6 hours!! The kids were so great believe it or not, we did not stop at all for 6 hours. When we finally got going at a normal speed we pulled over to go to the bathroom in who knows where but it seemed like a scary area, that was totally crowded with all types of folks, I had kids get done buying treats and using the bathroom quick, then I had Hayden who wanted to just let people keep getting in line in front of him. So I am standing outside between my car and the gas station watching both the car and Hayden just completely sure a drive by of some kind is going to take place at any moment..... but hey we were out of traffic so....... We figured out that we could plug the computer into the speakers of the car and have surround sound for the movies we watched over and over! It really wasn't bad considering.

This is Tom and I at In and Out crazy thing there was no line up around the block to get in! Stopping at In and Out is a must right?

We met up in Vegas for the night to stay with Tom where he was on a work trip.....
We did a little shopping at the outlets, before we ate. We also stopped at Walmart to get ponchos for the water rides.... I found the Walmart where all those pictures passing around the Internet were taken!! It was very interesting...


While getting ready in the morning I smashed the crap out of Maddie's fingers, she had them in the crack of the bathroom door and I shut the door, I heard a snap oh it was so bad!! She now has a little ball thing she says that moves around in the top of her finger.... can you say mother of the year!

Honestly I don't remember what this picture is even about, but great hair anyway!!

We swam in the morning for awhile, the kids loved it,
Zarley kept saying the whole trip "When are we going back to Vegas? I want to swim"

Anyway very boring post!! Fun day
despite the driving... Good thing it was on the way there and not on the way home!
4 comments:
Oh, it looks like you guys had so much fun! Sucks about the traffic, but sounds like you made the most of it. I LOVE a roadtrip, even when there's traffic. I just turn the radio up super loud. And good idea with the speakers. I didn't know you could do that. You're so smart!
I love In-N-Out . . . but I have yet to go to one here, because I won't wait that long. I love Vegas too! Just to watch the people, I am jealous you were there without me . . . think of how much fun we would have there together people watching! You are one of the best people to people watch with!
How fun I Love your Top Picture its sooooo Cute!!
You make me laugh so much! I LOVE Hayden's hair. GOO!!! In N Out is for SURE a must! I think the Cali ones are the best but that's just me. YAY for road trips! I am so glad you didn't get stuck in a drive by. Scary! ;-) Can't wait to hear more about the trip. (p.s. glad you guys were able to have some fun with ThomAS in Vegas. You guys have fun wherever you go though.)
Post a Comment