So I like getting all your comments, Christmas stories, ideas and opinions so I have come to a conclusion, I will do 12 Christmas Questions... so....
On the 3rd day of Christmas my question for you is......
What happened to asking Santa for regular old toys? You know baby dolls, lincoln logs

etc. Do you ever wish we could go back to a simplier life??

At dance this month sometiems we play Santa's bag which is just a way to stretch, but we fill Santa's bag with our wishes. I am shocked by some of the things the kids this little ask for. I would say one of the top things I have heard people want including several 3 year olds is an Ipod.... 2nd a DS... I don't think anything is wrong with Santa bringing this, for my 13 year old, but don't little girls want baby dolls anymore?? One little girl who was about 6 is even asking for Call of Duty a fighting game that I don't even like my 13 year old boy to play(he does anyway). So really I have only heard a baby doll maybe a few times. What happened to barbies and make-up being more for the tween age, this is what most girls who are even asking for somewhat of a toy want. Don't get me wrong, I like the technology we have> I love blogging and shopping on line, and reserved movie tickets like everyone, but I love baby dolls, little girls should want baby dolls. When Mrs Claus makes you clothes for her and everything and even sometimes pajamas for you that matched the doll. Better yet that is all you asked for not this 14 page list. What have we done to our kids??

I myself would love especially at this time of year to go back in time. Where life was more simple where gifts were from the heart and not a gift card. Where little girls asked for Baby dolls!!
5 comments:
This year my kids sent their Christmas wish list in a completely different way . . . They were emailed to me and all their aunts, uncles and grandparents. The real kicker, they were power point presentations. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME! This was my initial thought. At least this year Haidyn is NOT asking for the ceiling mounted TV, and Dilyn is asking for Dolls. I do miss the simpler days.
I want the Norman Rockwell Christmas. Just simpler. My kids are little so our Christmas can still stay relitivly basic. Lila wants her first American Girl Doll (not basic I know) and Emme just asked Santa for a candy cane (as simple as it gets). It's nice becasue they would think one gift would make the best day ever although for some reason we wont just get them one gift. It hit me the other day that I use Christmas as an excuse to get my kids things they don't even ask for (games, books, clothes)or even know they exist. Maybe the issue isn't the kids, maybe it is us as parents? Maybe we make Chirstmas more commercial than our kids do.
i think i agree with Natalie, I think a lot of it is the parents just wanting to get their kids all this unnessisary stuff. but at the same time "santa" always brought stuff our parents would never get for us. maybe that is why I believed soo long! and who wouldn't do just about anything to see their kids smile Christmas morning! is that an excuse to get them any and everything? absolutely not but we do!
I for one think that all gifts should come from the heart. I don't have kids yet, but my favorite part of christmas is our sibling/in-law/tweens drawing. I love that because now we watch everyone open their gifts and it is so fun to watch some people open these gifts that someone has gone to great lengths to find, buy or make. We all get the opportunity to think of one person and find something they would truly love. I love giving gifts from the heart. I HATE gift cards I think they are the worst thing. Gift cards are a gift of obligation Im getting you this gift card because I have to give you a gift, but I would rather not think of something you would like. Its too much of a hassle. Honestly I would rather receive a bag of my favorite candys or treats that cost five dollars then a $50 gift card. Its not the money too me its totally the thought. Thats the simpler times I want to go back too. When gift cards didn't exist and you got someone something they really wanted or liked. I agree little kids grow up too fast, but my little girls will get baby dolls and clothes handmade by Mrs. clause. I think we teach our kids what to expect at christmas time.
Totally long for the simpler days, but also agree with Nat that we teach our kids what to expect, so sad really. I remember still playing barbies and such at winters age, she wouldnt dream of it, maybe I was immature? I dont know but kids do grow up to fast but do we put that on them? but what do boys get? they don't get baby dolls,
Post a Comment