Friday, December 18, 2009

12 Days of Christmas #5 (A Dash of Tom in the Blog!)

On the 5th Day of Christmas my question for you is...what do you put in your eggnog? Just kidding, the real question is what is your favorite Christmas food/treat?


Christmas Balls anyone?

On a less nasty note... I (Tom) loved the homemade suckers (cinnamon especially) my Mom would make at Christmas time. I love eggnog now, but think I hated it as a kid. I loved See's Candy butterscotch and chocolate lollipops and Almond Roca.


And to add a little more nostalgia to yesterday's post...here are a couple of my best Christmas presents received back in the 80s. Stomper 4X4s and Superman Underoos!!!!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH.MY.HECK. I haven't laughed like that in a long time. Thanks for the christmas cheer, tom!
Stacy

Christenson's said...

So bad.... I'm sorry, I made Tom do the post yesterday because I was getting ready for our dance recital today.......

Shake-N-Bake said...

Thanks you for the laugh! We loved it! Then John started freaking out about the stompers! I haven't seen him that excited for several months. I have a fabulous recipe for EggNog . . . if you want it, let me know. The store bought stuff is nasty in comparison! My favorite treat around Christmas is Pecan drops . . . a cookie recipe that my mom got from her mother. So tastey! Plus, there are several balls I like around Christmas as well . . .

Becky said...

STOMPERS! Those things give me nightmares. My brother got a bunch for Christmas one year and I decided to drive one around on my hair. Well, my hair got all entangled in the rubber wheels. I can't remember exactly how we got it out, but I'm pretty sure it involved scissors.

Carlye Momma said...

mmmmm...Schwetty Balls! Sounds good. I'll have that.