What was your favorite toy you got as a kid??
Tonight me and the kids were watching Santa Claus 2, in the movie he was giving adults presents that seemed to be their favorite childhood toy.... so I started trying to think of what would be the toy I would want from my childhood...... The first thing I thought of was "Baby Sneezy" as I called her, I got her twice I liked her so much. You would push her belly and she would sneeze oh man she was so cute. I tried to google her to post a picture, but couldn't find her. I did find out she was really called Bless you Baby tender love.... I found one or two that I thought looked just how I remembered her but they were plain Baby Tender love and did not sneeze. My other favorite was Rub-a dub dolly... I did find a commercial for her click here to enjoy it.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8J39BJiIB0
Watching this was so fun, I could remember all the words to the song, I had forgotten about the tug boat that came with her.... I got that same oh I want her so bad feeling....I can almost smell that new doll/toy smell that came with her. It was a total flash back you should try it with your old toys...... I wanted Rub-a-dub dolly in Kindergarten, my brother showed me her in my parents closet.......duh!!
Here is my brother Troy, my dad, me and my mom.
Check out the sweet cardboard fireplace did anyone else have one of these?? Funny thing about this picture I had always thought the red tricycle was my brother Josh's.... if you look under the tree though there is the little school set, I remember that now looking at the picture, it had a little part that opened and it had chalk in it.... It was pretty cool.
Check out spirographics too good times..
I do need to mention roller skates and the barbie Star(and her friend Tracy) as well they were my all time favorites when I was like 3rd 4th grade age......
Star came in Roller skates in fact.... You know I was like one of the 2 best roller skaters on the East bench....
At least my friend I were convinced... they were having some kind of skating marathon contest one time that we didn't want to enter because we would beat everyone so badly... we wanted to spare every ones feelings....
At least my friend I were convinced... they were having some kind of skating marathon contest one time that we didn't want to enter because we would beat everyone so badly... we wanted to spare every ones feelings....
Anyway here I am with a baby doll just like I said yesterday that little girls should want....
Tell me your favorite toys... then google them its pretty fun!!




10 comments:
I remember the special gifts I received, but more importantly I remember the look on my mom's face when she looked at us opening them. It was an indescribable look that said "I am so happy my kids are happy and I helped provide that for them." I had a very special mother who cared, nurtured and took care of me and my sisters. If I have done anything great as a mother it is from the feelings I felt, and the example my mother set! She was pretty special.... B
Smurf Big Wheels when I was four -- matching dolls and bunkbeds for them for my sister and I when I was seven (with a little wardrobe of clothes that "Mrs. Claus" had made) -- a skateboard a few years down the road -- and a stereo when I was like 14 or something. My Mom always knew EXACTLY what to get us. And, it was often a surprise -- we rarely actually even thought to 'ask Santa' for anything specific, 'cause he'd always just done such a good job picking stuff out for us! To this day I don't ask my Mom for anything, and am always happily surprised on Christmas. I was really shocked and had no idea what to do when my Mother in Law asked for 'my list' the first year I was married. I'd never made a list before, and it was so foreign and I just felt like I was 'telling' her what to get me. Which, actually is how it works out -- she sets a budget and starts at the top of the list and buys stuff 'til she's out of money for each person. It's taken some getting used to, but now I'm creating Amazon wishlists like everyone else in the family -- as odd as it feels :-)
I was a baby doll little girl. I loved my babies! I still have many of them! I remember wanting a cabbage patch doll so badly! And his name was Ricky Bruce, I still have him, and then his sister came the following year, Iris Fiona. I remember getting Baby Alive when I was probably 5 . . . she was amazing! Much better than the Baby Alive now. Then I got a doll, don't remember what she was called, but had this voice box that if bumped or moved would go through this recording so to speak . . . I remember my dad hated it, because I would take her everywhere and in the car if we went over a bump she would go through her crying. I loved that doll! The one Christmas that also sticks out was the one right after my dad died, I got a 10-speed bike. I had been asking for one . . . that was the last present my dad picked out for me.
man oh man! I think I have the worst memory of all time!!! I remember getting our beloved cabbage patch dolls and the bunkbeds and cradle to go with them. but for me dolls just weren't really ny thing, well after about 7 and thats the earliest I can remember. hehe. but the dirt bike I got when I was about 7 or 8 was my all time favorite! I loved that thing untill a few months later when it got stolen out of the front yard:(
When I was 3 I wanted Baby Alive!!! We have it on video and it is so funny I laugh so hard when we watch It I opened the present and there she was!!! I started screaming its baby Alive i was shaking and Crying I was soooo Excited Its the Best Video Ever!!! and I asked For dolls till i was like 13 lol ha ha I know thats Pretty old But I loved My American Girl Dolls I wanted them All!! to be little again Christmas was so Fun!! still is But its much more fun Being Little!!
ps. these pictures rock my socks. your hair is amazingly awesome and the one of you, troy mom and dad, at first glance i thought mom was amber... I guess she looks a lot more like mom then I ever thought!
I love Christmas! Every year my mom and I give each other a nativity. I really look forward to it. They are never super expensive or anything, but I love my little collection and can't wait for it to get bigger. As a kid I always looked forward to getting a doll. I was big into dolls and Barbies. One year my mom got me a Madame Alexander doll and one year I got a teddy bear that was bigger than me. I love Beckys comment on the look her moms face had. My mom was the same way (and still is). Sometimes she couldn't even wait until Christmas to give us our gifts. I feel so lucky to have such a loving example. Now I see that we really are happy when our kids are happy. Maybe that is why we go overboard for Christmas.
um my favorite toys didnt really have commercials. I loved the year I got the barbie house that josh sat on and broke the roof, it was such perfection with the astro turf porch and all. I also love the cabbage patch year and my cute cute kithcen set. Older I loved my leather jacket and my armoire. mikes favorite gift was G.I. Joe aircraft carrier. apparantly it was huge. Audge I totally though mom was me for a half a sec too. totally scary.
My favorite toy was Erica Lorraine, my Cabbage Patch Doll. Oh, and my ghettoblaster. Can't forget that.
HAHAHAHA!!! Oh you know how I love a good commercial! That was fabulous! I love the shower that comes on the tug boat...and the back-up vocals too. GOOD TIMES! I have a really crappy memory so I don't remember how old I was or anything but I know my favorite things when I was little were my smurf and smurfette toys, raggedy Ann and Andy dolls (and my sis and I were that for Halloween once...so glad I got to be Ann though) and of course barbies, my little ponies...stuff like that. The only things I kept though are a couple of Cabbage Patch dolls and my Madame Alexander collection. My mom still tries to give us each a new one every year. Oh and my dad's mom (Gammy) made us each blankies and "renewed" them the last Christmas we had her because she heard we were doing a family picture with all of them laid out on the ground and her in the middle at our next family reunion. Awww...I love Christmas and the traditions that come with it. My favorite traditions are the ones that weren't forced though...they just started happening by chance each year and stuck you know? Anyway, there's my novel. Buh bye now.
Post a Comment