Does the whole Politically correct thing bug anyone else???? Why is it offensive to wish someone a Merry Christmas, and why in the Sam h*** does 80% of the country have to bow down to the remaining 20%!!! It drives me totally crazy... It is totally fine to wish someone Happy Kwanzaa or Happy Hanukkah, but for the majority of us it is pushing our beliefs on to the rest to say Merry Christmas??? Seriously this kills me, a few years ago I went to help with reading groups at the school, we read a book all about Kwanzaa. I found it very interesting and was happy my daughter was learning what this holiday was about. Yet the very same year we are told we can not have a "Christmas" party because we can't use the word Christmas at school because it may offend someone what the crap?? Really what is the difference? Oh that's right the majority celebrate Christmas!! and really if someone said Happy Hanukkah to you would you be offended because you are not Jewish?? I will not ever bow down I will not send out cards that say Happy Holidays even... I make sure mine always say Merry Christmas.... at the end of my recital I had all the kids yell Merry Christmas. (that's what they said if anyone couldn't hear) and I certainly do not think it is offensive!! Remember a few year ago when the girl at West High sued the school because they sang Christmas songs... really! Ok I could go on forever, what are your thoughts on this??
S.O. Winter Area Games
12 years ago




8 comments:
I think it's great to be inclusive and all, and recognize and celebrate everyone's unique holidays and traditions -- but, it's just gone too far! When we have traditions/days/celebrations that are based on a specific holiday (Christmas) why can't we call it that?! If we get the 24th and 25th off work, how is that NOT a Christmas break, it's on Christmas. Calling it that doesn't force anyone to celebrate it who doesn't want to, it's just recognizing the date and time of year for what it is and what it's celebrating for those who choose to participate in it.
And the recital was great, thanks! It was absolutely priceless to see my little girl up on stage for the first time! Especially doing so well and being so happy about it only 2 days after surgery (we'd been nervous about it when she'd cried ALL morning long!)Merry Christmas!
Well, you are getting a Happy Holiday's card from us. But only because that was the one that went with the colors in our picture.:) Other than that, I am a Merry Christmas kind of girl, too.
I agree with you! I celebrate Christmas and I am not sure why it should offend anyone if I wish them a Merry Christmas. I am not offended by those that celebrate Hanukkah or any other Holiday. If I wish you a Merry Christmas, all that means is that I am thinking of you on a day that is special to me. That should be a compliment and is meant as such. I would be flattered if I was thought of on a holiday that meant a lot to someone else. The world has become so "concerned" with NOT offending that all they are doing IS offending EVERYONE! Love you bunches, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I wish you a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
and a happy new year!
Yes it really does seem silly that the majority has to worry about the minority! I say... our country was founded on the belief of God and in God we trust so if you don't like it then go somewhere else!
I will always wish A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! even if it means forcing my beliefs on someone else. get over it.
I agree with all the comments posted...SO MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
Stacy
Seriously! I'm with you, I won't buy cards unless they say "Merry Christmas". I ordered picture Christmas cards this year and was shocked at how few choices said the words "Merry Christmas". Most of them said either Happy Holidays or Seasons Greetings. It's pretty disappointing. Have a Merry Christmas!
I completely agree. To each their own I say. I manage a Customer Service department and I hear my people wish customers a Merry Christmas all day long. I don't stop them. Even though some people would have a problem with it we stand up to them!
Oh I sooo agree with you 100% here! Cameron and I have this conversation at least once a year at this time. I do the same with the cards too...I make it a point. Uggghhh...don't get me started but yes...I couldn't agree more girl. Well said!
Post a Comment