One of my very favorite things about Christmas is traditions....What are some of your families
traditions??

On Christmas Eve we have a tradition of getting together with my family and reading the Christmas story in Luke 2, and my parents give everyone pajama's. This year we had to do it earlier, with
every one's in-laws and work etc it is getting harder to get everyone there. This year my parents gave everyone these red union suits with their nicknames on the back. It was so much fun...... If my dad gives you a nick name that is usually all he will call you.... so it was so fun for the kids especially...

We were trying to get pictures of everyone, and as you can see we had a hard enough time with just the
grand kids... my parents gave 31 pairs (including their own)... Don't you love how the tiny ones are trying to show their nicknames...

Tom's a good sport he put his on for pictures. He said they were made exactly for his body type. (You can laugh)



Me and the girls...... Lila (miss
lila),
Emme (
Emme K.) and
Zarley (nanny) with Andrew's butt... (
drewby)

Canyon (cotton) and Olivia (Pecos)... Canyon has never liked Grandad calling him Cotton until tonight.... Now he likes it and does not want to come out of his "Cotton" pajamas ever!

Maddie, was so funny after about the 3rd person getting the exact same pajama's she said "are we all getting the same?" "I'm getting some of those?" She then started crying really crying because she was so excited to get this kind of pajamas she's always wanted them I guess... and the fact that we were all going to match with our nicknames on the back was too much for her... really real tears!! She's cute and easily pleased and I love that about her. The other thing that started last year is everyone chanting your name when its your turn, it is so funny to listen to the tiny ones join in or keep it going.
"Peace Good will toward Men"!
This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions... and this year was all the more fun, matching with your fun names to boot!! What are your favorite traditions???
8 comments:
this is absolutely one of my favorite traditions. This year was so much fun. I could list all my traditions but they are probably the same as yours for the most part. We do however try to go to the lights each year as our own little family and get hot chocolate and stuff, it is pretty fun and we get better and better each year and not freezing our butts off. Its kind of weird though Mike and I are so set in our own family traditions from when we grew up that sometimes it seems we are missing the chance at making our own little family traditions, something I am working to fix.
Traditions we have are pajamas on Christmas Eve . . . making a few new ornaments for the tree . . . baking, always lots of baking . . . we watch Polar Express and read a few Christmas stories on Christmas Eve just before bed. I love Christmas and all the traditions it holds . . . I can't wait for my kids to get older and see what they carry on in their families and what new ones they will bring to ours!
Everything about Christmas is tradition in my family (my husband's family had very few traditions, which worked well for me, 'cause I didn't have to incorporate very many 'outside' things. That's kinda evil of me.) Christmas Eve is huge, with the same dinner every year (Chicken Cordon Bleu), pajamas opened, a new family game (something like Cranium, or a new card game) opened and played 'til late, read scriptures (and this year we're adding watching the "King is Born" cartoon for my two kids -- the only grandchildren), we take all the presents and sort them into everyone's 'pile' in their own section of the family room (which is where Santa sets up each person's presents and puts their stuffed stocking), then in the morning when I was growing up we always came down the stairs in order of height (usually around 4AM), then everyone looks through their stockings and their Santa gifts, then we open presents one at a time in order of age, there's much gushing and gratitude, it takes FOREVER (which is how we love it), then around 10AM my Mom's whole family gets together and eats breakfast. Then there's going to visit family all day. I love it.
Tiffany, what is your nickname?
What a fun tradition! The kids always get matching pajamas on Christmas Eve, too. They need to look cute for Christmas morning pictures, right? And I LOVE the story about Maddie crying. So cute.
I am seriously SO HAPPY right now! You have no idea! Greatest post ever! LOL!!! We do the jammies each year, and I have several favorites...one is just for me though. On Christmas Eve Cam and I stay up wrapping/assembling presents and watch A Christmas Story over and over throughout the night. Definitely a classic! It's not his favorite movie (it's not mine either) but he humors me because it brings back so many memories for me. So there's that.
This really was so fun. Miss Lila wants to wear his PJs everywhere. Great idea! It will be hard to top. On another subject...I have laughed to myself all day about Canyon at the performance last night. He kills me. Just a funny kid.
SO JEALOUS!!! I want to be adopted by your family. We (meaning me & mark) do the pj thing too, but he didn't have that growing up; i know, sad, right? We have to bake gingerbread cookies and make caramels. Mark's family gets together Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. What else? I think that's it. I'll let you know when the adoption papers are ready, right before next Christmas, okay?
Post a Comment