#1 "I Farted on Santa's Lap" (Tom added this one but...) the first time we heard this song, Tom played it for us it was on the way to my dance recital last Christmas, I usually get so overwhelmingly stressed out on these days and especially on the drive to the actual event but Tom was laughing so hard at this song he was literally crying like he had Chinese eyes with tears streaming down his face kind of laughing he doesn't do that very often, but when he does everyone around has to laugh with him........ This is a must have new Christmas favorite, the reason he was laughing so hard he said was he could picture the librarian looking lady seriously playing the piano for the elementary kids that are singing this song in a serious parents program, he would then do the piano imitations and laugh some more.
#2 Winters Night.... This is my drive in the car at Christmas time and pretend like I can sing like Sarah Mc...... (don't know how to spell her last name right now). It is a pretty song and she is an amazing singer, and if you have to know I have a secret wish of being a singer so I like to pretend with this song. It does remind me of our first Christmas at our house in Herriman too that was when I first heard it....
#3 Old City Bar... This is one of my very favorite Christmas songs, you have to listen to the whole story of the song..... It says "if you want to arrange this world you can change it, if you want to know how all you need do is ask".... it is about this old bar and on Christmas eve this little boy goes in and says their is someone who can't get home, and the grumpy old bar owner takes all of his money and gives it to her....... you just have to listen to it, it just makes me cry. I also like it because as a small child I went to my share of Christmas parties at the bar.... that is right at the bar, and it is a good memory all of us kids got those red net stockings filled with candy and an orange. I just imagine those old boozing smoking men that like to come across so gruff, but when you know them, or they are your Grand dad you know that they are just totally loving softies that would give their shirt off their back (p.s. I never knew my grandpa to smoke but I know he did before I was born, and I know he drinks and swears with the best of them). Good song listen to it if you have never heard it.
#4 Have Yourself a Merry little Christmas.... I love this song just because it says "through the years we all will be together" I don't know why but I love that line, and always have I just picture all my little grandmas sitting down for Christmas dinner together with my family both my kids and Tom and my siblings and parents. I also just love when my family is all together reading the Christmas story together with my Dad reading.... and all his funny pauses, I love that it takes him so long for the special effects and that totally magical feeling that is in my parents living room on a Christmas eve night!!
#5 Mele Kalikimaka..... I love this song because it is in one of my favorite Christmas movies.... Christmas Vacation... and that is exactly what it reminds me of. My family use to get together to watch that movie every year just so we could all listen to my mom laugh at it.... We need to start doing that again guys....
#6 Stille Nacht (Silent Night,) you gotta love Mannheim Steamroller right.... one of my favorites, it is just a beautiful song, and when I was little we had this little Christmas decoration it was some type of angel or doll thing and it played silent night so it reminds me of when I was really little.
#7Bring a Torch Jeanette Isabella... This is just such a pretty song I actually like it a lot better by Mannheim but couldn't find that version. I just love the sound of this song and it reminds me of my friend Jules, I think it was her favorite song back when we were teeny boppers just out of high school, I used to imagine living in this adorable decorated house baking Christmas goodies with that wonderful cinnamony house spray smell and this song playing in the background and that would be the life crazy I know but......
#8 Walking in a Winter Wonderland... who doesn't love this song? I remember getting this little tape recorder for Christmas in the 5th grade one of those rectangular black and silver ones. One of my all time favorite gifts I would record songs off the radio, and this was the first song I recorded and I played it all day singing along... wondering about that "person brown" I thought it said a person brown and imagined a black person to marry later in town..... who really is Parson Brown anyway. I also danced to this song when I was a kid and can still remember some of the moves.....
#9 Need a Little Christmas..... I like this one because really don't we need a little Christmas right this very minute? And this year it really hasn't snowed a single flurry but Santa dear I am NOt in a hurry.... Duh I just like this song and it is a traditional Tiffany Dance Co song we dance to almost every year!!
#10 Oh Come all Ye Faithful & The First Noel, are my favorite church hymns for Christmas they just have that Nostalgic feel to them. These two songs just remind me of the real meaning of Christmas and what it is really all about!!
#11 Baby Its Cold outside.... this reminds me of two of my favorite things, Maddie because she just loves this song, and elf my other all time favorite Christmas movie. I could watch this movie over and over and still laugh each time at the same parts!!
Well that is my walk through my favorite Christmas songs.... any I left out are because Tom just threw them on here. I do love almost all Christmas songs but.... anyway what are some of your favorite Christmas songs and why..... (if you actually read through this probably miserably long blog which I write for posterity... j/k sort of)




9 comments:
I love your rundown of Christmas song memories! The one that sticks out in my head is "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas", which it doesn't look like we will be having! But I remember the Christmas when I was 7 and we lived in Maryland and it snowed so much! I stood staring out the window on Christmas Eve singing that song until I was forced to go to bed. I loved it!
My very favorite Chirstmas song is Oh Holy Night it makes me tear up every time I hear it. Josh Groban has the best version actually. I liked your favorite Christmas song rundown. However I especially love hearing you and your kids singing the Fart song it was beautiful.
DUDE!!!! I FARTED ON SANTAS LAP ROCKS MY SOCKS!!! JAXON KEEPS MAKING ME PLAY IT OVER AND OVER AGAIN...I MAY JUST HAVE TO ADD IT TO MY PLAY LIST...THAT'S RIGHT...I'M A SONG STEALER!
My top 3 favorite Christmas movies are: Elf, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story...and I say top 3 cuz Christmas movies are my faves...oh...can't beat Home Alone either.
LOVE YA SUGAR!!!
and...p.s. I just listened to Old City Bar and totally cried. SHEESH! Thanks for the new additions to the good ol playlist.
LOVE YA!
Umm, I can't believe you forgot "Christmas Shoes"! It's so beautiful and touching.
Just kidding. I hate that song. Good choices.
i really like your choices! now that i don't listen to it all day every day this time of year i think i like to hear them more! there are a few annoying ones out there though. like christmas shoes, it's so depressing and not even good.
ps. annie loves the hawaiian one, she dances the whole time.
Okay I have to tell about how Tom totally ruined the Christmas Shoes song for me! Not that I liked it a lot, but I didn't mind it . . . Now all I can picture is a huge woman sitting out in her old beat up station wagon sucking on a cigarette yelling at her kid to go in the store and get her a pair of shoes! Tom did that to me . . .
where are you christmas? (great one,love it)
have yourself a merry little christmas(also great!)
let it snow let it snow let it snow!
rockin around the christmas tree!
these are some of my favs!(:
doesnt anybody else like per-rum-pa-pa-pum(little drummer boy, best by neil diamond) right nat? thats one of my faves and alan jacksons let it be christmas that one is really good my new fav and I havent been a country gal for a while now.
Post a Comment