Saturday, December 20, 2008

12 Things I love about Christmas #7

The 7th thing I love about Christmas, and actually one of my very favorite... is doing Secret/sub for Santa stuff. I love the sneaky part of it, the trying to get something for someone without them knowing it. Especially when you know they need it. Some years we go to great lengths to not get caught, or have the person figure out it is us. I know this is a terrible picture, but it is Maddie making a dash for the car after delivery (or some little boy with a hood who knows?) I think it is great that my kids enjoy participating also. This year they donated their own money to 2 different causes, and even if it is only $10 or $20 think of the percentage that is of their income.... if we all gave that percentage of our income can you imagine what a difference we could make. I have good kids I tell ya... not perfect but very good and generous!

2 comments:

Becky said...

That's awesome! Way to go, Maddie.

Howard Family said...

I agree the genorousity that has been shown this year really makes me happy and proud. Those who need to know know what I'm saying right?