Tuesday, December 30, 2008

12 Things I love about Christmas #12


The 12th thing I love about Christmas is.... Christmas. I love the whole thing, I love the anticipation, I love the excitement of the children, I love the spirit of giving, I love the family togetherness. I love it all, in fact I am always a little sad when it is over. Here are Augustus, Olivia and Canyon. Canyon and Gus could have gotten no other gift then just being with each other and they would have been totally happy. They love to play together. I sure wish he did not live so far away.
Livie in her polka dot dress... I love to dress the kids up for the holidays, (the older 2 don't really cooperate anymore). This is Olivia on Christmas Eve after going to Tom's great Aunt Rose Anne's house. A yearly tradish..


This is what I gave Tom, it is an old gun his grandpa gave him, I had it framed for him. I think he really liked it.

Anyway at night after my aunts and their families leave then we as siblings exchange gifts with each other.... we start with the youngest and then they give to whomever they drew and then that person gives and so on. Here is Jaimie waiting for her turn... along with Shawna and Olivia also waiting.





Olivia got this little fedora hat, she is so cute she wore it all day. She looked adorable.


(This whole post is kind of skiwampus!!! It took me over 2 hours, it kept losing pictures etc so they really ended up in a weird order!) The stockings were supposed to be the top of the post with my 12th thing I love about Christmas, but this order etc is going to have to do!!
Maddie with her main gifts.... Nikki, a Bow & Arrow and Samantha.
Hayden with his Snowboard...
Olivia with Ruthie and Nellie, are they not the cutest..... Maddie and livie had a sleepover downstairs with all their American girl dolls Christmas night, they laid them all across the couch it was cute. I should have taken a picture.
Canyon with his Wally and his Thomas the train. He was so excited over every toy. He could have just gotten one little "Cars" car and he would have been totally happy. I love this age!!
Here is Everyone at Audrey's for dinner on Christmas night. My Grandpa Hughes is the only one really facing front.
My mom and Dad braved the weather scooter and all to come out and see all the grand kids, and bring them gifts.
Who knew my dad was an expert at shooting arrows..... he gave Maddie lessons on her new bow and arrow. Tom found it funny all the big words like "camber" he used. But hey sometimes he really does know what he is talking about. He and Maddie are going to make plans to shoot at targets some time soon.... Bakers can we have your bale of hay?
In the afternoon we went over to Tom's parents to open presents with his family. Here are all the 2005 babies opening gifts from and with uncle Dave. We all gave Big Tom tickets to the "Sugar Bowl" for Christmas.... Brian put sugar in a bowl and wrapped it up. Big Tom just kind of looked at the bowl trying to figure it out, then Brian said "Oh I forgot part of the gift" and handed him the tickets. Big Tom said "how the s--t am I supposed to get there? and then cried, he actually cried over this gift he was so excited. I have only seen Tom drop one tear one time in the 16 years I have known him...... it was at his step moms funeral when he talked about his own parents, so I think he really liked this gift! That made Christmas to see some one so excited over their gift and the utter surprise that went with it.




I think adding this video is where we went haywire, so I will leave just the one and maybe add more another day!

3 comments:

Shake-N-Bake said...

Please take our bale of hay! It is yours. Thank you!!

Becky said...

What a nice gift you gave Tom. I bet he loved it. Sentimental gifts are always best.

Carlye Momma said...

O.K. A: I LOVE little Canyon's voice and how excited he was to get Iron Man...

HAYDEN'S FACE while opening his gift...OH MY GASH...there was NOTHING! LOL!!!!!! I'm sure he was SCREAMING inside! MAN I LOVE THAT KID!

Those gifts were VERY thoughtful...and I'm so glad they were taken with as much heart as they were given!

Thanks for your sweet words honey! I love you!

xoxoxo