Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The 12 things I love about Christmas #3

This is our first tree from story below.... I couldn't find the picture with it strapped to the car oh well... Check out how long we lasted stringing the popcorn!
The 3rd thing I love about Christmas is the Christmas Tree, I love the smell, I love going to pick out a tree, I love decorating them, and I love when you come down the stairs (or around the hall when you were a kid) and it is dark except for the lights on the tree. Doesn't it just have that like magical feeling. A few Christmas tree memories are #1 I remember when I was about 8 and we started getting flocked trees we had blue lights and blue and silver ornaments I thought that tree meant we were rich.... duh and really blue who loves blue lights anyway!!
I also remember going every year with all the kids and my dad to get the tree I think my mom was always home working/sewing, maybe she just hated the cold. We would always get a really tall tree becaus we had vaulted ceilings... one year the lady tried to get my dad to trade his cowboy hat for the tree we wanted he just laughed and I thought why not, he really only wore the hat (that must have been pretty expensive) to get the tree each year and maybe one or two other times. I really don't know why that sticks out to me, but still each year when we go I think of that....
I also remember Tom and my first Christmas together and going to pick a tree, we got a pretty big tree I can still picture it strapped to my little black escort. We went home and made some ornaments and tried to string popcorn, it took a little longer than we thought so we only had one little strand that did not cover very much..
Anyway I love a Christmas Tree sometimes I wish we had it up all year, but then it would lose its magic "right"


2 comments:

Mike and Cris said...

I love your idea for the 12 days of Christmas! You said you search for the meaning of the season....well I think you have found it. It makes me think of the things I love about Christmas! I must say my favorite picture was "Merry Christm-ass".

Nicole said...

I love the picture of the tree and I am impressed you got that far on the popcorn. Rob and I are wondering why you are wearing the mexican blanket in that pic?