Monday, December 22, 2008

12 Things I love About Christmas #9

I came across this picture of Tom and I with Santa on our first Christmas so I added it.... Aren't we babies!!! We look so young!!
The 9th thing I love about Christmas is...... Santa Claus! I love the whole spirit of Santa, I love the magic, I love the giving without recognition.... I also love the family get togethers we have when Santa comes to visit. (I actually love family get togethers all year). Tom's family puts on a Christmas party for big Tom's family every year and Santa comes. It is a fun tradition I know the kids love as well. Canyon was so excited to see Santa, and when Santa gave him a gift he had to run up and give him a big hug after to say thank you. He was so cute and so excited I love this age at Christmas time. He asked for a train.

Here is Olivia with Santa, she asked him for Ruthie the American Girl Doll


Here is Emma she asked Santa for an eyeball?!!?? I think Emma might give Maddie a run for her money in asking for weird random gifts!

Here is Sara with Santa.

Here is Hayden, he too loves Santa.... he asked for a snowboard.

Maddie on Santa's lap she asked for Samantha the American Girl doll.

We will have to wait and see if they get what they are hoping for!!

(She also has mentioned a bow and arrow... previous Christmas' she has asked for a metal detector, crutches etc.....)


Our family with Santa not the greatest picture but..... what do you do?

This year we had the party at the dance studio. We figured their would be more room and everyone in the same room. I thought it worked out great! Tom set up rock band on the movie screen. The older kids and adults thought this was great!! Here is uncle Dave on drums, Olivia and aunt Robin singing, uncle Brian and Hayden on the guitars. Grandpa Tom is just watching...

It was a good time. Thanks Tom & Kaye for putting it together each year!









6 comments:

Autumn and Mitch said...

How cute is canyon? I love that he ran back up to santa to hug him. What annual party is this? I thought you guys did this on Christmas Eve with all the aunts and uncles? Im so confused.

Christenson's said...

No we go to Big Tom's aunts on Christmas Eve..... Tom & Kaye put this party on they started about 5 years ago and I guess they did it when their kids were young too.

Mike and Cris said...

I hope Emma takes after Maddie. Nothing like keeping Santa on his toes...who needs to ask for the same old thing when you can ask for eyeballs?!?!?

Becky said...

I want Ruthie too.

I love that picture of your family with Santa and how you and Tom are the only ones smiling.

Carlye Momma said...

Oh how CHEWY is your family? Looks like you guys had a fun time! I LOVE Hayden's face in all of the pictures! He cracks me up that kid!

Anywho...LOVE YA!

Oh...and I love Santa too...:-)

Shake-N-Bake said...

Where are the last 3 things you love about Christmas? We are waiting . . .