
The 11
th Thing I love about Christmas is...... (and my favorite) is reading Luke 2... On Christmas eve when my family gets together we all sit around my parents living room as my dad reads from the bible..... he always get teary eyed. He reads really slow with all these pauses I think for the effect, but it is tradition and we all love it, he tried to get someone else to read because we tease him about his pauses etc, but we all would have nothing to do with that, he has to be the one to read it. He gives a little testimony with it. It really is what Christmas is about. This year we were all just so very grateful that we were all there together after the scares we have had this year. As he was reading, I was looking around the room and thought my very favorite faces are all in this room together. I love my family so much!! My kids and Tom as well as my parents and siblings. I love that we still make it a point to get together in one room and sit down and read about Christ's birth together!! Tom and I and the kids always go home and watch the 5 minute movie too..... it just starts the whole magic of Christmas night out right!

Natalie & Lila

Augustus and Canyon (kind of having a hard time listening) but Canyon was really into the movie.

Shawna &
Zarley
Canyon giving my Dad a hug.

Audrey, Corbin, Troy and the back of Annie's head.

Jaimie,
Madz, Autumn &
Miotch
2 comments:
I love your family! I am so jealous! Can I be adopted please! John's family is great and they are close, but I wish I had the great support of a sister/sisters that you have!
Um Im not sure if you remember but this year was a step up for Mitch. He said so himself. Someone was wearing pants this year. We left there with Mitch saying your family is cute. This year was the best for me, dads testimony after was so cute. After all they have been through this year he was still so grateful to Heavenly Father. They still aren't through this rough patch either. I think it brought tears to a lot of peoples eyes. Even Andrew was teary eyed.
Post a Comment