
The 2nd thing I love about Christmas is... I feel bad listing this as second like it should be first, but I did not do this in a priority order just what I was thinking about for the day... anyway I love the Nativity sets and pictures etc portraying that special night, I go on a search every year to find "The real meaning of Christmas" wrapping paper etc.... sometimes it is hard to find this kind of paper but it is out there. Also Christmas cards, I have to have them say "Merry Christmas" I don't believe in being politically correct and saying "Happy Holidays" to include everyone if someone said Happy Hanuka to me I would not be the least bit offended if that is what they celebrate. I believe in Christ and in his birth and I will celebrate Christmas and should not be worried about who that will offend!! 80% of this country is Christian so why we have to tip toe around the rest bugs me! I have been to school and read with the kids all about Kwanzaa which is great I believe in teaching my children all about what others believe... what bugged me about it is that they cannot talk about the birth of our Savior they can not call their parties "Christmas" Parties because it might offend someone. That really bothers me!

Anyway I love this picture in fact I keep it up all year because I love it so much!! I love setting up my nativity set with my kids and talking about why we really celebrate Christmas, I love putting out a manger for the kids to put hay in (ours broke and so we have not done it for awhile sad...) I actually like when I find ornaments that aren't cheesy that have the Nativity.
So the 2nd thing on my list is I love the celebration of Jesus' birth.
4 comments:
I love Nativities . . . with the exception of animal inspired ones. Sorry if you like them, but I have a problem with bears acting the part of Mary, Joseph and others. I am very much a part of the Reason for the Season.
By the way, I agree with you on the whole Merry Christmas thing. I am SO tired of the whole politically correct push. I wish we could just celebrate freely without worrying about who will or won't be offended.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
I love this post! I couldn't agree with you more about all of it! I will NEVER put on my Christmas cards HAPPY HOLIDAYS for the exact reasons you said here. I could go off on a tangent but I won't.
Love you honey! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Can't wait for tomorrow's post. This is a cute idea!
I have been reading your 12 days of Christmas and they are so sweet. I love it. I love the santas and the beautiful pictures. I am with you trying to keep Christ in Christmas is so important and like you I hate when we try to modernize everything so much that we can't even talk about the saviors birth any more. It makes me sick inside. Thanks for sharing.
Tiffany, I totally agree with you! I hate how 'politically correct' everything has to be. I'm christian and should not have to be worried about offending someone by simply saying Merry Christmas! I just don"t understand what is so offensive about those two words. I enjoy reading your blog and also love everything about Christmas! So from my family to yours, MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Post a Comment