
The 5
th thing I love about Christmas is baking treats..... I love to make cookies and gingerbread house etc at Christmas I love all the treats neighbors, friends and students give. Obviously I love sugar so..... This is one thing I wish I did have more time for.... I used to bake with Maddie & Hayden a lot more then I do now......This picture above is Maddie &
Livie making orange crisp, it is My Great Grandmas recipe and her cookie press.

Here is Canyon
frosting Sugar cookies. He loves to help bake things.....I love the time with little people!! Tom however is the master at caramel.... if you have not tried his homeade caramel sauce you'll have to get him to make you some. He was the caramel maker for Leatherby's in High School and he still knows there recipe!! Its good stuff!!
4 comments:
So what did you do walk in your house from the recital and start blogging? I wish I had more patience for the baking part I would rather do it without so much help the mess is so much less but they do have a good time. When are you guys going to make more orange crisp they sound delicious right now.
After my dance team Christmas Party today I will then be free to start celebrating Christmas so maybe tomorrow more likely Sunday because I will have to make the children clean first..... and yes I did walk right in the door and start blogging. I started this 12 thing so I have to do it each day and I so wanted to go to bed!! I am noticing you are getting pretty addicted yourself......
I like caramel.
That's awesome that you got your grandma's cookie press! I love those kind of heirlooms. My favorite recipe from my grandma is also an orange cookie recipe. I make them every year and think of her.
Hi, I was searching for the Leatherby's caramel sauce recipe and came up with your blog. I grew up in the Salt Lake valley, not too far from Leatherbys, but now I live in Oregon and I haven't been able to find a recipe that compares. Any chance that you can share the recipe? Merry Christmas, and thank you!
Post a Comment