Friday, November 12, 2010

Today I am thankful for this guy

My Dad.... isn't he cute! I chose this picture because this was a day he saved me... we had planned a trip with the kids and they each got to bring a friend and our boat did not get fixed... so he came up and drove us all around the lake. Today though I am thankful for him because of his stories and his life. We went to dinner with our friends and he came along, my mom was working and he was going out to eat by himself so I told him to just join us... anyway he had us all entertained with his life stories. If you have ever seen "Second Hand Lions" he is totally that older guy (not that he is old). We sat there listening to him for hours. It was good times.. He was the best dad growing up too. We have always been really good friends, even as a teenager I thought he was just the greatest! He taught me to tie a tie, to pick a great one and that, to love boating, to love horses and cowboys, and to love family!!

2 comments:

Howard Family said...

he really is a great guy!

Carlye Momma said...

He is fabulous! We love hearing his stories. And I love his wise cracks. I'm pretty sure they're my favorite. And his stache. It's a great one!