Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mine was an angels portion......

Thanksgiving/the month of November bring so many of us to think about what we are thankful for.... as my sister always says it is the one Holiday that is not commercialized and is just plain and simply about being with those you love and expressing your gratitude... I love Thanksgiving because it is the start of the whole Holiday Season and I love spending the time with my family and the traditions that go along with this time of year. This year has been a different year for me and has left me thinking a lot of what I have and what I am grateful for....Because I know I have been given so much, an angels portion in fact...so I am going to post something each day of this month that I am thankful for. They will not be in any order of importance, just my thought for the day....
Today I am thankful for Heavenly Father and Jesus and for my testimony of them and everything they give to me... I have really been in such a funk lately and am struggling to get out of it.. since I was little I have always loved going to church, I love the stories you hear there, the feelings you get the reminder of how lucky we are to have what we have and to know we will be with our family forever etc.... but lately for the first time in my life (honestly even as a teenager I loved to go to church) I dread going I don't know if it is my age, the people at my church, my job at church, the unkindness/judgment I have seen shown towards others or just my crappy attitude. I know you get what you put into things and I am probably not putting what I should or at least doing it with the right attitude.... This week I came home especially angry and it has left me questioning so much....... I then had this thought, In Alma (in the book of Mormon) it says that even if we have a seed of faith in things we have hope.... So I thought I have at least a seed... so lets start with what I do know and focus on that.... so here is my testimony that I am so thankful for.....
I know I have a Heavenly Father who knows me and knows when I am struggling and knows what I need even if I don't. I have seen him in my life I have had my prayers answered in both miraculous and small ways. I have been given so much more then I am sure I deserve. I know Jesus died for me and that the atonement is for me for my mistakes as well my heartaches. I know families are meant to be together forever and that this is not it. There is so much more. I know we are all children of God everyone and I believe that we are here to learn to love everyone no matter what there faults or trials are. I believe the whole thing is as simple as a primary song.... I am trying to be like Jesus..... I'm following in his ways, I'm trying to love as he did in all that I do and say, at times I am tempted to make a wrong choice but I try to listen as the still small voice whispers love one another as Jesus loves you, try to show kindness in all that you do, be gentle and loving in deed and in thought for these are the things Jesus taught... really if we could all make it that simple! I believe that Joseph Smith found the Book of Mormon and that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus' life here, when Tom and I went to New Hampshire a few years ago we drove down to Palmyra I could see how so many things were just set right in place for the church to be founded. The revolutionary war, the freedom of religion etc etc... It was all just stepping stones for him.
I do believe that is at least a rope to hang onto for right now and everything else will work itself out....
So today I am thankful for Heavenly Father, Jesus My testimony and "My Angels portion" ( I love the Poor wayfaring man song and that is one of my favorite lines, it describes life for us really if we give to him he will give back and it will be an angels portion...)

1 comment:

Carlye Momma said...

Tiffany, I'm sorry you're struggling. I think you hit the nail on the head though. Start with what you know, and cling to that with all of your might. Your faith and prayers will get you through it. In the meantime, you will continue to be blessed. I know this with everything that I am. I know that your testimony, and that of your family's has actually strengthened mine...so I thank you for being a blessing in my life. I believe that you were placed in my life at the perfect time and I have benefited so much from that. If I know anything to be true, it is that our Father hears and answers every single prayer. Maybe now, maybe later, and in the strangest ways sometimes...but He will carry you through this. I know you know that too. I love you.