Thursday, January 15, 2009

New Years Resolutions.....

Ok so I know that I am 2 weeks late but I knew with going on vacation I would blow any resolutions made in the first few days so better late then never right!!
So I am probably the same as most people as set the same 5 or 6 resolutions each year just to fail by February....
Be organized
Read Scriptures and Pray more
Don't talk about People
Lose weight and eat better
mean what you say and say what you mean
etc etc.....
Well last year I really set my mind on one and it was very specific... (not to talk about one family in particular) and I actually accomplished that goal.
So my question for this year is which goal should I do? I really can't choose and need some help!!
Should I focus on changing Canyon's vampire tendencies? (sleep all day stay up all night, never see the sunlight I will post a picture for you....)
Organize my life is one I really need but how do I break that down more specifically to accomplish it.
Not talk mean about people.... come on that won't happen as much as I would like it to. And to focus on one person no one really bugs me right now so....
Mean what I say and say what I mean I am trying that right now by being honest about not talking about people right.... but that means telling people no occasionally and I don't know if that could be done for a whole year.
Lose weight/get in better shape... this is what I am thinking about the most but I need to drag my chubby hubby along on this ride!! Maybe we could set up some kind of biggest loser game any one interested? We could make it so the winner really got something big. Let me know if anyone is in!!
Read my scriptures and pray more..... shouldn't this be done already I used to be great at it before I had 4 kids and my own business.... I know this should really be a priority but I feel like if I get organized this would fall into place.
Anyway if anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I would love to pick one and get started I would also love to hear how people accomplish their New Years Resolutions. Happy New Year!

8 comments:

Shake-N-Bake said...

Okay, I am all about the getting in shape thing. I did really good when we were walking together. You can't do the not talking bad about people! I love talking about people with you! You get me and I get you in that whole fun game we play! You can't do that, because then I would have to do that and I don't want to! John is doing a biggest loser thing at work, so we should join him. And just for the record, I don't do resolutions, but I might make an exception. :)

Carlye Momma said...

I would LOVE to do the biggest loser with you guys! I think Cam would too. I've been running...I'm training for the SL half right now (that's my 1 and only resolution...because I like you set WAY too many...then feel like a failure at the end of each year...and if I just set my mind on one I HAVE to achieve it RIGHT? All of your resolutions are very similar to what I'm personally working on right now too though...so GOOD JOB! You're inspiring me sista!)

p.s. totally missed you guys! I hope you had a fun trip...can't wait to hear all about it tonight!!!

Howard Family said...

First of all I want to know why the hell you are up blogging at 6:47 am. I am trying the be more positive thing, maybe that will help with the other things. being more organized, losing weight I don't know. I would be interested in a weightloss plan, I need someone to help me be more regular on the exercising thing. I think I have mo... um lazyass syndrome.

Autumn and Mitch said...

Um I don't do resolutions because in my opinion if you want to change something why wait until a certain time of the year to do it.?! If you want to change change now thats my opinion. Its like celebrating Valentines Day. Why do we need a day to love each other we should always say we love someone. Putting something off sets yourself up for failure anyway because you are telling yourself its not important at the time. I have to say that when it comes to reading my scriptures I have been terrible and have probably picked up my scriptures ten times in the last few years. Last sunday in sacrament meeting this lady gave a talk on scripture study and one comment she said really stuck with me. She said if I add up all the time I spend watching tv, a movie, going out to the movies, reading a book or magazine, blogging, searching the internet, etc, etc, surely I can find time to be reading my scriptures. Not only to read them as a daily daunting task but with the same excitement that we enter a worldly entertainment activity. So in good faith I have picked up my scriptures and read every day since then. I am also trying to read the Book of Mormon in two weeks. She said her mission president challenged her to it and her understanding increased so much. So I thought why not. FYI its 38 pages a day. Im not trying to sound rude sorry if it does.

Natalie said...

Do them all! How about everytime you talk about someone you have to skip a meal and if you forget to read your scriptures you then have to jog around the block and if Canyon doesn't wake up in the morning then you have to spend the time organizing your drawers, cabenets,or whatever. If you did all of this something would be sure to stick. You would either be fit as a fiddle (which if you know much about fiddles you know that is pretty dang fit), you would become a wiz at scripture chases, Canyon would be on a normal schedule, or you would be have the most organized cabinets in the neighborhood.
My resolutions are to become a better cook and to start actually decorating my house. I have like 3 pictures on my walls and we have been there almost 2 years. So while you are becoming a healthier, more spirtual, well organized person I will probably be getting chubby and broke.
Anyway...Good luck! Like George McFly from Back to the Future said "If you put your mind to it you can accomplish anything." Wise words from a wise man.

dan and audrey said...

ha ha! i just read Natalie's comment well I read them all but..hers was my favorite! I like how she's thinking, maybe I should set some goals like that. so I agree with NAtalie. everytime you start to break one your consequence envolves another. it will be an evil little circle of goals and consequences. I like it!

Becky said...

Happy New Year, Tiffany!

LOVED Autumn's comment and Natalie's was hilarious.

Maybe your resolution should be not to make any resolutions.

Did I tell you that I now have my scriptures emailed to me? I sure could find a lot of time to be on the computer, but no time at all to open up my scriptures, so VOILA! combine the two. The site is readthescriptures.com. Piece o cake.

I'll do Biggest Loser with you if I can win $250k.

Brooke said...

Hi Tiffany! No advice on completing resolutions. I seem to always fail. I'm doing good to get through the day lately! I love the other comments though! Great advice!