Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dreams Really Do Come True

Here is Hayden in line I believe for Mt Everest that was one of the kids favorite rides, they would get in the single riders line so they could ride it over and over...
Canyon loves "Cars" however this car talking and moving he wasn't quite sure about

This was our first day at the park we went to Hollywood studios... they have 2 of Disney worlds best rides... Tower of Terror and the Rockin Roller coaster
Check out Maddie and Makayla's outfit..... sweet right??? They had this all planned out too?!?

Tom, Canyon and Mike and Sully.
The kids all bought these sunglasses the first day we actually went through a few pairs for Olivia and Makayla but they got a lot of attention and I think that is exactly what they were going for.
There is the castle behind us... wish we were still there!
You gotta love Mickey Mouse ears!

On the spinning Tea Cups, the kids all love to ride with Tom he can spin that cup like nobodies business!! Canyon was so funny he looked totally sick, then his eyes were spinning then his whole body starting circling and spinning. We had to stop turning ourselves because Tom and I were laughing so hard!! Here Livie and Hayden do look a titch dizzy


Is that Hayden or Napoleon? Click on the picture he totally has "that" face...


I was teaching Canyon to raise your hands on a roller coaster, he was all about it until we went downhill. He loves roller coasters like the rest of us though..... good thing!

Did I double post the same picture? Sorry I think it is because there are so few with Tom in them.

Canyon outside the Rockin Roller coaster... he is such a good sport for all the waiting around he had to do.
Posing with our sooo cool glasses?













Here is the downhill part of the roller coaster notice the hands are securely holding on..














Good times I tell ya!














































At night back at the house, you would start to hear these loud thumping noises coming from upstairs where Maddie and Makayla were....
They couldn't leave dance behind and they were up trying to catch pictures of their different leaps and jumps...












































Just a bunch of Wild Animals....














Canyon really enjoyed the 3d movies a lot of times we won't take time for these, but he had waited for us so much we had to, and he loved it so that makes it worth it!!











Hayden posing in front of the Castle

I don't know if you have seen Elf or not, but it is quite a hit at our house, anyway Hayden really likes to burp like Elf and then say "did you hear that" just like on the movie... Well one night were were walking to watch fireworks, when he did this, it was the biggest loudest burp you have heard I swear, this whole group of young guys stopped and clapped for him... we all laughed and of course Hayden has that trying not to smile face but was pretty darn proud of himself!


Olivia decided about half way through the trip that she wanted to get autographs and pictures with the characters..... the first time we took Maddie and Hayden to Disneyland we spent half of our time doing this so we have tried to keep the fact that most children do this a secret from the rest of the kids..... really what do you do with the autograph.... Oh well she kind of figured it out on her own that it was rides or wait in line to meet characters.












A few shots with her and Canyon meeting some of the characters.... they usually would comment on her "sunglasses"














Check out Pluto using his nose to sign her book, and Canyon giving Goofy five he thought meeting the characters was pretty cool.




























We found Olivia's own shop when we went shopping down by the beach.....Maddie and Makayla found this surfer type store that had really good deals, I think half there spending money was spent here but they got cute summer clothes etc..... When we were shopping they had these little Restaurants in between some of the shops, and people would eat outside, the sidewalks would walk right between where they were seated to eat. We noticed people would totally stare as you walked through (not that I don't deserve to be stared at for how much staring I do) anyway Maddie started telling them things like "have a wonderful evening" etc and then it escalated to her going from table to table putting her arm on their back and asking if everything was alright was their anything else she could get them etc. You know like the managers do sometimes.... I was laughing so hard at her sometimes she is so shy and others she is way out there....
For the weekend we went and stayed over night at Long Boat Key... it was so beautiful but I love the ocean, I do wish it was a little warmer but hey who can complain.... Here is our family on the beach
Maddie and Makayla
Maddie loves to tease Hayden and hug him and kiss him and sing to him etc.... it drives him totally crazy, he cannot comprehend if it didn't bug him she wouldn't do it... He then told us how in one of his classes at school almost everyday one of the girls will come back from the bathroom and tell him that his sister loves him or blow him a kiss and say this is from your sister etc. He acts like he hates it but I think he secretly likes it! I can only imagine what it is like to go to school for him.
Hayden, Maddie and Liv... we had a hard time getting Canyon to pose for pictures, he was in absolute heaven making sandcastles and find "she shells"
You never grow too old to jump the waves right. Tom and I even like to do this, however Tom is always the one taking pictures and I am the one posting them and get to pick not to have "bad" pictures in the post. Tom actually always has to get in the water no matter how cold it is... Hayden is the same..... I usually will join them but something has been wrong with my temperature gage lately and I am cold 90% of the time and am so tired of it!!
This would be about the exact time Makayla's phone dropped out of her pocket and into the ocean....
Just a diggin in the sand....

We were tempted not to head back up to Orlando and Disney world we all love the beach sooo much!
Tom and the kids swimming in the pool.... Pools are a must when we go on vacation, a long with cable t.v (we unlike the rest of America do not have cable so it is still a novelty for us)
Canyon & I on the little Mermaid ride. He would hold my hand or arm on all the rides I think he was a little nervous they might be scary...
Trying to get him to poke his head out of the sharks mouth he was not so sure about this...
Tom bought him this little gun while waiting for the rest of us on a ride, he would shoot everything on all the rides the rest of that day..... This was at Epcot which is not really meant for little kids I don't think, he wanted to go back to the beach!






















Just touring all the countries through Epcot.... this must be Mexico..
















We finally got Canyon into decorating a mask thing that you get stamped at each country this helped him to not have to cry at every store because we wouldn't buy him everything he wanted.










My kids love to smash into the phone booths in the England section for a picture every time we go here....
(my post keeps having these wierd spaces and as I am trying to fix it it lost my picture in the phone booth, I will have to try and re-post it anyone know how to solve or fix these kind of problems?)

I know this is a totally random picture and not the best, but I was trying to be sneaky when I was taking the picture.... There are some truly crazy people in the world, I know because I am a total people watcher, but there are some truly amazing people as well. One of the days we were at the Magic Kingdom we kept running into these 2... This mom would take her grown son and she would pick him up out of his wheel chair, which was really a struggle I am sure,

She had a system of how she did it because he was pretty heavy for her, she would put her arms under his arm pits, then lift one leg, he would try and hang on around her neck but you could see he did not have great mobility his hands were clenched up. I don't know if the workers at Disney World are not allowed to help, but they didn't, well we watched them get on different rides, and on the Tea cups she was really struggling to get him up in there, I looked over and Maddie had joined me in tears streaming down our face as we watched this loving mother lift him into rides and then watch his face on the ride as he was having the time of his life....luckily at the end of the teacups, when I had told Tom you have got to figure how you can help her (I am as weak as you can get) I saw this family go over and the man said could my son help you, this teenage boy then lifted the boy with total ease out of the tea cups and back into his chair. I did not notice anyone else with these 2 whenever I saw them, I am just amazed at the love this mom was showing her son and the ability of strangers to just watch or to help which we all fit into both categories most of the time right!! I think this woman whomever she is, is amazing!!

9 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

WELL GOOD GRIEF is all I can say...you had me laughing all the way through...and about the time I realized you got a picture of Hayden smiling...I got to the part about that incredible woman...totally bawling here!!! SHEESH! What an incredible mother...which is why he picked her right? Thanks for sharing! Looks like you had so much fun! I love all of your pictures!!! You have to put all of them in one of those collage frames cuz they're ALL priceless!

LOVE YA HONEY! I'm glad you had fun...we missed you guys while you were gone!

xoxoxo

Carlye Momma said...

Oh...AND...Madi asking people if she can get them anything else TOTALLY made me laugh out loud! SOOO something I would do just to embarass Cameron.

Becky said...

Ok, now I'm crying. Great story at the end there. That's great you guys had such a wonderful time. It really doesn't get any better than that!

Did Maddie let anyone know that she just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico? She is so funny.

Shake-N-Bake said...

Okay, I was expecting to cry when I started reading. What a touching story! Moms rock! Well, most of them anyway ;).

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! Your family is full of fun and laughs! Love you guys!

dan and audrey said...

I so wish we could have been there! oh man we would have had great times! next time K! say next year? we can make it a 'tradition'. i love the story about the mom and her son, that my friend is truely a mothers love. any mother with half a heart would do anything to see her kids smiling and having the time of thier life, right?! glad you guys had fun! again, wish we were there!(:

Honk's Thoughts said...

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous! I cannot state how memorable va-kays are. Loved the journey through the park, and your kids are so fun! Why is it that the girls are always standing there with the tears, couldn't the guys shed just a few? Mothers are absolutely amazing and that is why there will be so many more of them in the heavens! We could have more men there if they would only "listen"......I said "listen"! Honkster

Kristin said...

I to was totally crying by the end of your post. Sound like you guys a had a great trip, thanks for sharing!

Principal Sal said...

WOW....what an amazing post! You guys certainly did it ALL. Did you stay in a beach house? I love the beach photos. Your story about the mom is very touching. I would have been tempted to follow her all around and help her lift her son into all the rides. That is a story I am sure you and your kids will remember forever. You are such a good example to your kids! I believe that Disneyland and Disneyworld are truly the happiest places on EARTH!!!

Autumn and Mitch said...

Isn't it amazing to think of the work that woman goes through on a daily basis. Bathing him, feeding him, taking care of him. All of that is so exhausting and makes me tired just to think about it. Then after all that exhaustion she still has the energy to take him to Disneyworld and load him on and off every ride. What an amazing mom. How cool is that. By the way Maddie is amazing I love her, I wish I had the money to go with you guys. I truly missed out but money is a thing. I wish I could say money aint a thang but a chicken wang but I can't. Next time hopefully. Maybe I will be going there on my honeymoon if I get married.