Thursday, January 22, 2009

The Best Christmas Present

This year for Christmas we decided to give the kids a trip to Disney World instead of a bunch of junk that I cannot find a "home" for once it needs to be put away. This worked out to be the best idea ever. We left on Jan 6th for a week. Maddie's friend from dance Makayla came along with us (her mom needed a Christmas gift as well). This is a picture of all of us at Planet Hollywood. We went here the last night of our trip.

Our trip started out true Home Alone style with us getting to the airport a little later then we should have (my fault of course) well the lines were extra long and so our plane was supposed to leave at 7am at 2 min to we had Maddie and Makayla run a head and try to stop the plane. Needless to say we were all running with all of our backpacks through the airport and straight onto the plane... We made it!!! We all had to sit separately including Olivia sitting between two strangers. Tom was freaking out he likes to get places early and in control. I kind of enjoy the flying by the seat of your pants style!! (We didn't leave anyone home alone, but we did lose Olivia at the Planet Hollywood, of course it would be Olivia, we had to split up all taking different parts of the restaurant looking for her, when no one could find her Hayden and I really went into panic mode.... long story anyway needless to say she was out in the parking lot looking for us completely fine not scared not quite sure why everyone else was upset. Which by the way how long do you really wait in these kind of situations before you panic or call the police etc???)
I had to make a new post in fear of losing some pictures, so the rest of our trip is below in the previous post.

5 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

YAY! ANOTHER PIC OF HAYDEN SMILING!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! How fun! I love the Home Alone style...it's PERFECT!!! And it makes for a really great story. Who really wants to read about you getting there an hour and a half early and got to stroll through the airport. What are you going to describe??? I guess there's some good people watching but that's the story for all of the people at the airport when you were all flying through there!!! lol! I'm laughing again. K love ya bye.

Honk's Thoughts said...

Your trip to Disneyworld for Christmas is like my trip with the girls to NewYork. It is a clean, uncluttered present that hopefully will bring us all closer and be a memory not to forget. However, if I lose someone in New York it will probably be me. I get so turned around in my old age and the girls need to tell me which way to go. I guess as long as they really don't tell me where to go, I'm okay! By the way Mike and I have had the privilege of running through the airport, bags in tow to catch a plane. It is funny, and rather embarrassing considering its the very last gate in the very last train stop destination. But of course it makes a great memory! Honkster

Amanda said...

Hey Tiff, I hope you don't mind, but I peek at your blog every so often. Your family is awesome and your kids truely enjoy life. I'm going to add you to my blog list if that's okay? It sounds like your trip to FL was great and so much better than gifts that never get played with and just lay around. We thought of going to Disneyland for Christmas, but Cory's knee wasn't up for the challenge. I am so jealous of your kids though, I have always wanted to go to Disneyworld. They have been how many times now? That is so cool. Awesome memories you are making for your children. Loved the pics of the beach, I so need a beach break right about now! Thanks for sharing the trip with us all.

Principal Sal said...

What a FUN Christmas gift...memories that will outlast the rush of toys and junk we all collect on December 25th and throw out by January! It looks like you all had an amazing time. I love how the girls "pose" for all the pics. They are true models! Hayden and Canyon look like they are havin' so much fun! We have also been the family running through the airport.....but it is usually Chris' fault! Glad you all had such fun!

Nicole said...

Love the pictures of your trip. You all probubally had so much fun. One day we would love to go to Disneyworld. But Ca will have to do I guess. Sorry about losing Olivia glad you found her. So fun. I think we are going to disneyland next year for Christmas it just sounds like a lot of fun to Rob and I!