Monday, November 24, 2008

I Found Them!!

Ok so I finally found my keys today for anyone that was worried about them!! Its only been 2 weeks and I am finally over the traumatic but very common experience..... If you want a good laugh read on.....
So 2 weeks ago it was Parents observation at dance, the week where parents come to all the classes to observe etc.. well I expect every time for their to be a class that just doesn't go quite right, I have tons of little kids and you never know what to expect with little ones "right" well this time this observation tops all.... A few days before this observation I have a thought about this Tuesday class thinking I need to make sure I do not lock my keys in the studio or else I will not be able to get in (this is Saturday and I have done this for the Monday classes a few times) anyway I put them somewhere as to not lose them and you know how that goes. Well I am getting costumes ready to pass out etc, the night before I had gotten all notes ready and really felt like I would come at 10 to and be 100% prepared. Well just before 10 to I go to leave and realize I can not find my keys anywhere I go into a full panic attack freaking out Kathryn style crying hysterical "what am I going to do what am I going to do" etc. Instead of figuring out a solution and driving to the studio I just sit and cry.... so I finally drive to the studio and duh figure I can call Audra to come let us in with her keys.. (if I had done this right when I realized I couldn't find them we would not have even been late) so I go to the studio I am already 5 minutes late and I am crying like a baby I tell everyone they will have to wait for 10 minutes until someone comes to let us in, so Audra thank heavens comes and we start about 15 minutes late. It gets better!! So I am getting the kids started and I get up to go turn on the music and walking across the room I totally fall like my feet slip completely out from under me and I fall I swear in slow motion in front of not just the students but their 16 parents as well... so here is their teacher with mascara stains down my face which I did not notice until the class was over falling down. I jump up one mom says take a deep breath I don't know if I should laugh or start to cry again... I turn to everyone and say you can all laugh because I totally would if I just saw someone fall like that no it just stayed silent and all these cute little faces are just looking very perplexed at me. So the rest of the week needless to say went on with out a hitch. In years past I may have felt like one of the classes had not been up to par but with this observation anything would be better!!

By the way they were in with someones returned costume. I have since made a few spares so as to not have this happen again!!

7 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

I SWEAR...this story just does NOT get old!!! LOL! LOVE YA!

dan and audrey said...

why do i only hear your funny stories on your blog? i am your sister after all. obviously we don't spend enough time together! oh man would i have laughed, but maybe they didn't cuz they could see your mascara stains and knew you were having a bad day. good times> (: and i'm glad you found your keys.

Howard Family said...

I just laughed a little inside. I didnt want to laugh out loud and have everyone think I was a mean sister who didnt care you were having a bad day. The rest of the class was totally fine though no problems.

Shake-N-Bake said...

There was no way I would or could have laughed when you fell! I felt so bad for you! I knew you were not having a good day and I must say I was in a bit of shock when you fell. I wasn't sure what to do. I am usually the one falling . . . I am glad you found your keys!

Autumn and Mitch said...

Im sorry but I am mean and would have laughed at you for falling. Cause I think that shits funny. Ha ha Im so rude. But when its not you falling is hilarious.

Autumn and Mitch said...

P.S. When I fall it feels so much better to have people laugh at you then make it all serious and not laugh. One day last year I came home and Mitch was there with Brodie outside. Well Brodie was so excited to see me that he came running down the street and tried to stop but it was icey and he couldn't. He slammed into me knocking me flat on my butt. I told Mitch to laugh at me but I don't think he could. I told him I could either laugh or cry about it. Thats why I would have laughed, it makes me feel better if someone laughs. Sorry if that makes me a mean sister.

Christenson's said...

No I don't think you are a rude sister, I told everyone to laugh because I would have too and your right it would have broken the ice a bit!!