Thursday, October 30, 2008

6th or 7th annual Girls weekend at the Cabin... (I lost count)

Over UEA weekend this year is when we took our girls trip to the Cabin... Here we are at Dicks this fun little hamburger joint in Kamas. From left to right... Audrey holding Annika, my mom (Kathryn),Amber, Jaimie, me and Autumn. It is tradition we come down the canyon to good old Dicks each trip... One year Natalie had us use names she liked for girls, (she was pregnant at the time with Lila) so one of us said Lila and one Reagan so we could hear how it sounded when they called out or order. Every time I go to Dicks I remember that and think how weird it is we now have the cutest Lila ever! Shawna joined us the next day and sadly Natalie did not make it this year... We really missed you Nat!!
We like to take a little walk up above my grandparents cabin to the totem pole.. here is Shawna, Jaimie, Audrey, Annika and Amber sorry to cut you off X-man

Audrey came a day later, and we weren't sure if she were coming so Autumn and I were super excited when this is what we saw in the window....


I know it is really hard to see, but in this tree is a Wood Pecker, I was out side and could hear the sound and looked up and there he was, I was so excited I grabbed my camera to take a picture of him.... I could not get a very good shot with my camera, but I had to blog it anyway because as I was taking the picture I looked at the girls and said I have never seen a wood pecker in real life before, only I left out the word wood.... after a second I realized what I had said and so did the girls we laughed so hard!!! Maybe you had to be there?




Here is my mom with her dads chainsaw equipment and helmet to boot, funny thing is when my Grandpa showed up she says "don't tell my dad I had on his helmet"..... duh that is a difference in generations I guess to be afraid of your parents??? I would've gone out to greet my dad with it on!! Oh well I guess she is a lot more respectful.


Just another totem pole picture this time Xavier is not cut out. We usually take projects to work on .... quilts, Christmas cards, scrapbooks etc..... Autumn and Audrey were busy little bees making Halloween costumes, ( I spent about 1 hr on this) the rest of us just played games, card games who can name the most names starting with a specific letter etc. It was lots of fun. I do have to say that having over 200 hundred dance students with all kinds of names and working in the Primary I kicked some serious butt at the name game! This was Jaimie and Shawna's first year coming on the trip.... I am so glad they came and hope they make it a new tradition as well.
Warning the photo's below may be a little risque...... don't scroll down if your were offended by Calendar girls....



The whole lot of us...Notice Annie sue is completely dressed.... Audrey was afraid she would get in trouble for kiddie porn...

Every so many years we take a trip to the Nudist Ranch just to you know sow a few wild oats, let your hair down etc..... I have to say it has been about 15 years since we ventured down this path, if I can find some old photos I will post them. We laughed so hard taking these pictures... which that is actually all they are is pictures I don't know if the Nudist ranch ever existed or not probably in the 70's but we have a good time pretending..... When we were taking pictures so many people would stare and honk, it WAS opening weekend of the deer hunt, but the funniest was some guy stopped to take photos of us taking pictures here..... somebody got a photo of him but I didn't so if you see these pictures in some magazine or on line somewhere let me know....
My mom with her cast and all...

Me with my supposed to be surprised you caught me at the nudist ranch face... I really do have a shirt on underneath it is just that my boobs have traveled so far south I can really lower the blanket quite low!!


Autumn... notice the sign behind her.... "Closed due to Mosquito's"... funny stuff I don't know when they added that. We did sign our name on the board so if you are ever there check it out we signed "White girls gone wild" and then all of our names.... White at one point is or was or will be our last name it is not a racial comment...

Audrey.... thanks for providing the blankets

Amber, funny thing is Amber's husband really thinks we went to a nudist ranch and just can't believe it because "her sisters are so uptight"


Jaimie trying to pose so serious...

Shawna-tina with her purse. She was soooo funny during this she would say "Oh ya great good, put your leg up a little, etc she really knew how to work it.
Good times I tell ya!!! I sure wish we could do this more than once a year. We all have so much fun. Everyone gets to relax without kids or husbands.
I love all of these women more than words could say too..... Like I said before welcome to the fam Jaimie and Shawna I love you both.... Jaimie my bff for real I love your sense of humor, I love you teaching dance with me and hanging out together on Fridays, I love all your advice and hope I don't drive you crazy needing to check every step I take with you first.
Shawna I don't know anyone nicer.... you always are so sweet, and that Mary Poppins purse of yours is the best..... You are so good to all the kids and help us all so much at family functions. It was so fun to have you without the kids so we could get to know you better you really are a funny girl!!
My 3 sisters...... I love you like crazy..... when I was little I wanted a sister so bad..... I am between 2 boys.... my dad told me I prayed too hard because I did not get just one I got 3. This is par for my life I am always blessed far more than I deserve. I love having sisters so much it makes me sad some days that I don't have more kids so that my girls can have lots of sisters.... they really are your best friends (besides Jaimie)
last my mother I love her dearly too, she is an amazing woman, life certainly has not always been easy for her, she has had more than her fair share of trials and it breaks my heart to watch her struggle like she does. She is a fighter though and can pull through anything handed to her!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Loved your post. That looks like such a fun time! Don't you think your family should adopt me? I have blonde hair. Well...sort of. Okay its fake.

And...

Whatever. You have to seen a pecker.

Anonymous said...

So funny. I grew up in Kamas- my friends and I ate lunch at Dick's almost every day. It was the only place close enough to walk from the high school. I can't believe someone I know has been to Dick's. (Yes, we make fun of the name, too.)
Love,
Stacy

Autumn and Mitch said...

How scandalous of you to put these up ha ha just teasing. Sadly my camera broke right after all these pictures. Next year I am not bringing so much work so that I can have fun with all the games, and stay tune this week I will update my blog.

Carlye Momma said...

This made me laugh so hard I almost peed...and then...you made me tear up a bit towards the end with your little dedication to your sisters...good greif girl...you know how to pull all of the emotions out of me don't you???

THAT'S why I love you!

Nicole said...

Looks like fun. We laugh every time we pass this nudist ranch too. I had no idea you had a cabin up there we have one near Oakley also. Love it. Love your faces in the pics at the nudist ranch. And we eat at Dick's all the time. They have great fries and shakes.