Monday, October 13, 2008

I wish I had a video camera!!!

Ok so I have a funny story I want to remember, I wish desperately I had a picture to go along with it..... So..... As most of you know I just moved my dance studio, Tom had spent the whole month of August doing a lot of the work. Well we finished the studio by the skin of our teeth at 4:00 am the morning before the first class..... Well needless to say we had a lot of garbage left over from putting the floor in and painting etc..... Tom by this point had had enough and would rather die then spend another minute working at the studio. We/they I didn't do too much loaded all the trash into the back of our neighbor John's trailer and just left it at the back of the parking lot for almost a month. One night the landlord was there and I said oh I am going to get rid of that this week. Well they always come on Saturday, so on Friday night I thought to myself I have got to get rid of this tonight they will be here in the morning. Well Tom was out of town, so I had to do it with just the help of my wonderful children..... So John works for a home builder and he told me of a dumpster I could take the stuff to. So I hooked the trailer to my car and pulling out of the parking lot of my studio I lost it, it came off and rolled out into the semi busy street. I got it back thinking I had put it back on better went to get the kids. We headed up to find this neighborhood that had a good empty dumpster like John said.... It is up this huge hill, so as we pull up to unload all the crap, I notice a sign that says you will be fined $500 for dumping.... so I get really scared that I am going to get caught dumping and have to pay this fine. So I decide to turn the car around and angle it to a different dumpster that we can get to easier and get out of there quicker.... so in the process of turning the car around the trailer come off the hitch again, I am trying to fix it and it takes off down the big hill. So I am holding on to it and it is pulling me down the hill with it. Hayden grabs on to it to help me steps in a pile of sand or dirt and his feet slip out from underneath him. He is now sliding down the hill with me but he is parallel with the trailer, like he is hanging on underneath and his back is inches away from the ground I do not know how he was moving like this and not scrapping himself along the ground. Well Maddie comes running down the hill to the rescue and stops the run away trailer. Hayden and I were laughing so hard we were about to pee our pants. So we put it in front of a dumpster and try to unload it quickly as we are unloading it, Canyon starts honking the horn of the car. So hello everyone here we are dumping semi illegally (pretty much totally illegally but we had John tell us we could that is fine right?) So Maddie runs to get him to stop and Hayden and I keep unloading well as we make the trailer lighter for some reason it decides it will take another trip on its own it hauls up and over a curb and is now stuck. So you have me and Maddie and Hayden trying to lift it out and get it unstuck with Canyon in the car honking. So suddenly we get scared because this guy close by comes out in his back yard to see what his dog is barking at so I freak and yell run run to my kids, so we run to the car leaving the trailer at the scene of the crime. As we get to the car instead of Maddie just jumping in she is pounding on the front door window yelling at Olivia that she called the front seat. So I in turn being the great mother that I am start to yell at her the best words of advice you can imagine coming from a mother. " Maddie you don't stop to fight over the front seat when you are running from the cops" Like the cops were even there, but the fact that I am yelling this. Like lets teach our children how to run from the cops??? WE all got in the car safely took off like Bo & Luke Duke (don't forget Daisy). We ended up getting the neighbor to help us get his trailer back to safety, and the 3 of us couldn't stop laughing for days. Mostly about Hayden's Indiana Jonesing it down the street and me giving running from the cops advice!!! Long story but I wanted to journal it. I feel sad a lot that my kids are growing up too fast, but then you get these kind of friendship moments with them that are so funny and make up for missing their littleness. I love my children like crazy!!! I love that we do so much as a team. I could not run my life family and dance studio without my little "team"!! Too bad no one was filming!!

6 comments:

Carlye Momma said...

Oh seriously...I PEE!!! This is THE BEST story EVER! Oh my heck...I'm seriously wiping the tears right now! LOL! Like you I don't know what's more funny...Hayden as you say "Indian Jonesing it" down to the trailer or your hilarious advise...or little Canyon honking the horn in the middle of all of this! HI-LA-RI-OUS!!! THANKS FOR THE LAUGH...I'm up because I can't breath...I'm pretty sure I may have just woken my whole house up!

THANKS A LOT! ;-)

Love ya!

dan and audrey said...

HA I can not believe this is the first time I'm hearing this story! I laughed so hard I peed a little.. that Hayden, gotta love him.

Anonymous said...

Oh my heck, that is the funniest thing I have ever heard! I SOOO wish you had some "footage" of that hilarious day. Just imagine the stories you'll have to tell your grandkids! You're too cute.
Stacy

Becky said...

HaHa! That was hilarious! You guys are so funny. I could totally picture the whole thing.

paulnmea said...

Wow! I have never laughed that hard at a blog post EVER!! Thank you for giving me the best mental picture ever!

Sheli said...

This is the funniest story I have heard in a long time. Thanks for the laugh. I am Carlye's Aunt and I was just reading some of her blogging friends blogs. I'm glad I came across yours. Too funny for words. What fun you guys will have in years to come when you talk about this incident.