
This week we had to say goodbye to Sophie....... She has been our dog for over 12 years..... she got sick in November with Cancer, by Christmas she had diabetes, and by January 23rd she was all the sudden completely blind.... She was scared and sick and we were sad and did not want to see her go!!! I took her into the vet on Monday and they told me my options.... on Thursday I finally had mustered up my bravery and took her in. The kids said good bye and were absolutely hysterical, which made it all the harder for me. I knew it would be hard, but honestly it is on my top 3 hardest days of my life.... I felt like I was killing her by choosing to put her to sleep. I held her and sobbed my eyes out (probably more hysterical then the kids). My cute mom came with me because I knew I could not go alone and Tom... well not the nicest when it comes to pets... I also felt if my mom thought it was time to let her go it would really be time... So thank you mom for coming with me... even though you cried when you promised you wouldn't! Soph a loph as Autumn nick named her was a very good dog, despite her always wanting to run away... she was just social! She was always so good with kids....

She was so very jealous of Olivia.... we got Sophie before Olivia and she did not like the idea of a new baby... she was never mean, she just would not look at Olivia she would turn her head away from her if Olivia came by her... it was pretty funny actually... This picture is of her with Olivia, whenever I would change Liv's diaper as a baby Sophie would come and lay down just like this, like... I'm your baby first! Below is her at Lake Powell, she always thought she was a lab... and would jump in the lake too right along with the rest of my families labs...

Hayden loved her more then anyone and is/was very very sad to say Goodbye! We love you Soph a loph and miss you like crazy. It has been 2 weeks and I still look for her every time I come home and our kids seem like they eat a little more like pigs leaving all sorts of stuff that they didn't seem to leave before!
4 comments:
Oh Tiff. I'm so sorry your little Soph a loaf is gone. She was such a cute little stinker! I was telling Shawna that night that I didn't know what to do to help a friend through a loss of their puppy. Do you bring dinner/cookies? Do you not do anything? I was scared of even bringing it up again since I knew you were so sad about it. So I'm sorry if I wasn't the best at being there for you. That picture of Soph and Liv is HILARIOUS! Exactly how you explained it! I can't even handle it! Anywho...we loved that little Sophie. Perhaps she's chillin with all of your old 4-legged friends in the fam that have passed before her. :-)
Love you babe!
sad little post. poor sophie, I am sure my dogs will miss running away with her.
I am just crying away reading this!! I am so sorry about Soph... I told Andrew to read this post and he said no thanks I dont want to be sad:-( he sure loves everyones pets
Oh how I loved Soph a loph. I will sure miss that dog. We had such good times, like when I would sleep over at your house and she would sleep by me on the couch. I loved it. She was such a good dog, and I loved that she didn't limit herself to her natural breed, she was any kind of dog most frequently a lab. I loved her little spunkiness and will miss seeing her everytime I come over. Im sorry you had to go through this, but Im glad you felt okay with it all in the end. How sweet is the picture of her and Maddie? I love that one and the one with her and Hayden, he really did love her.
Post a Comment