Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Homemade Christmas Continued...


Here are the after pictures... I made my girls Christmas dresses this year, by default, (I made a mistake on Maddie's, it was too big and she didn't like the style I also ended up with one... my dress is the above in blue, Maddie ended up with green (below) with Olivia's the silver... I thought they turned out alright....

I also used the same fabric to make my niece's skirts for Christmas...
I bought rolls of organza to make petticoat skirts for my other nieces, but they did not fair so well.... we will have to try again later....
The best home made gifts by far were Tom's his craftiness amazes me!! See the above block of wood.... he turned that into this beautiful Santa! He made one for his parents and one for mine as well. I think they turned out amazing!!
Sometimes home made gifts make Christmas that much more exciting... I love the work you put into it and the excitement in giving the gift when it is complete.... especially Tom's Santa's

2 comments:

andrewandshawnawhite said...

The dresses turned out so so cute!!!! ask Madz if I can barrow hers:-) The skirts are so so cute and I love the Santas way to Go Tom Great work I love them all!!!

Becky said...

WOW! I'm impressed! You guys are so talented. I love those dresses. I've tried making organza skirts too and they didn't work out. Yours looks much better than mine did. Mine has threads hanging off it all over the place. :( Tom did an awesome job on the Santas.