This week I had to take Maddie to the "girl" Dr.... she has been having a few issues, I know this is not something that should be memorable or a highlight, but it was one of the funniest experiences.... so I must share a little.... If you dare read on.....
Lets just say she was a little nervous, so she was in a wacky mood to say the least! We are sitting in the waiting area waiting for her turn, and she is looking all around checking the scene out like a 5 year old really. She then turns to me and says "this is just like the dentist office only for crotches!" Mind you she is not talking quietly, I start to laugh and she keeps going.. "they should be called crotchist don't you think".... Why yes that would be a great name I believe...
So then we go back into the room, let me actually back the story up 16 years to when I was pregnant with Maddie and Tom would come to my appointments with me, he would make wise cracks, sick jokes, play with the equipment, and we would laugh and laugh thinking we were just in a room by ourselves. Well the following year when I was pregnant with Hayden, Tom would stay home with Maddie so I would go alone, it was at that time that I realized the walls did not go up all the way to the ceiling they had a little opening and you could hear everything that was being said... I am sure some people sat there listening to Tom... Maddie must have soaked it all in.
so now here we are with Maddie acting the same almost worse! She see's a little model and says "it is the dentist only instead of a teeth mold they have vag's" and she is making little hand gestures with her hands like the teeth mold and then I don't know what kind of action she was doing for "Vag's" So then she see's the stirrups and says "what are these do you put your feet up in those"? Why yes you do, she freaks out, then she asks about the lamp and I move it towards her, she starts to freak out yelling "you have crotch hands" I tell her the Dr. wears gloves... duh, she then does this mime action of a Dr checking someone out then not being able to see well enough grabbing the light with no pause to take off gloves or what have you. I get a little sick thinking maybe she is right, and start rubbing my hands on my pants a little grossed out!.. When the Dr. came in he was quite smiley and I wonder how long they were listening to us. I hope they got as big of laugh out of her as I did. She thinks you must be some kind of perv to have that job by the way... It really was a funny day.
Other then that she had a Drill team competition that I spent my Saturday at It's a lot harder to sit through those things when you don't have any teams to get ready or running around to do.... I appreciate all my students parents all the more now.
Hayden had scouts 3 Saturday's in a row and is really headed towards his Eagle.
We also celebrated Zarley and Annie's birthday this week. I will need to get better at taking pictures.




2 comments:
HAHA!!!! Seriously, you do wonder if the Dr. & his nurses were just sitting out there writing things down. I sure would have been rollin. She's hilarious!
I would have been laughing so hard she is so funny I just love her!!! She doesn't get embarrassed by anything and I just love that about her;-)
Post a Comment