Let me just start by saying she (Taylor) is amazing!! It was one of the very best concerts I have ever been to. Tom and I went to Bon Jovi a few years ago, and I have always said it was the best concert, because you can just tell he loves to perform and loves what he does.... this was the same for Taylor Swift her eyes just twinkled with excitement and you could tell she just loved it, she was so excited that everyone was cheering for her etc... and really to watch my girls who adore her made me actually get teary eyed!!Ok so before the show during the pre-show... we had this lady in our row who came in and out like 15 times to go get her shots, and cups of beer... she had her daughters with her, and after the 3rd time we got a titch annoyed...... so I started wondering out loud (just to Maddie) who drives all these little girls home after concerts after their mothers have been totally liquored up??? I'll be honest I've never been a drinker so I don't have a clue how much you can drink and still be ok, but the consumption seemed high to me....... so then in the row behind us a guy was squeezing in and had his glass of beer completely filled to rim, Maddie leaned forward like this guy was going to spill his beer on her and like she would actually melt like the witch from the wizard of oz if any landed on her.... I started laughing at her face and her jerk forward reaction to someone just passing by, he didn't spill on her she was a little over reacting but I thought it was pretty funny!! So I told her about the time when I was a teenager and went to a Trappers baseball game and had beer spilled on me from the same guy going up and then again going down the steps.....
I guess the guy behind us was listening... and thought he would be really funny, I think he was actually trying to make his girlfriend think he was funny.... so as soon as the concert started he poured his beer all over Maddie and I..... when I say all over I mean all over!!! both our chairs were covered the back of both of our pants were wet, I was standing in a giant puddle on the floor, and Maddie had it dripping down her arm... I was like what the crap just happened, Maddie is beyond mad!!! I look back at my seat and his cup of beer is sitting on my seat. Maddie picks the empty cup up and throws it at the guy! I'm a little nervous at this point, it is just us 3 girls, I can't get in a fight here there is no one that can help us out (my brother lives in Colorado but is out of town this week) anyway Maddie now is sobbing she is so angry!! I tell her don't let it ruin your night, just forget about it and have a good time.... it takes a few songs but she finally gets ok and has a good time.... Well the girl friend did not think it was funny I heard her yell at the boyfriend and then he sat in his chair acting like he was sleeping through the show the rest of the night really what a jack diddle!!! The picture above is Maddie sitting up on her chair because she couldn't put it down.... below is all our beer cover jackets and seat that we couldn't use for the remainder of the night....

And here is stinky Pete and I sharing a chair... we really didn't care the whole thing was a little funny because really how is it I can have encounters almost every where I go??? I was good though I did not even acknowledge that it had happened except to go get napkins and try to clean up as much as I could....I didn't yell at the guy or anything! Don't you love Liv's outfit, she had her Taylor shirt on but wanted to also wear her Taylor Swift dress, she was going to change in the middle of the show like Taylor does, but so many people told her they liked her dress that she left it on the whole time... quite the get up!! She was having so much fun she didn't even really know the beer incident was going on... she just waived her glow stick in the air the whole night!!

Here are the 3 of us, on what I hope is the first of many many girls trips to come in our life time!!
Thanks Tom it was the best present ever and couldn't have come at a better time... (well maybe)... but I needed the stress break!!
Here is a picture of Jack O' doesn't he look super cool!!
After the concert was over, his girlfriend apologized to us, and said that he had a crack in his cup and that she hoped it didn't ruin our night. She was super nice and cute and should not be with such a loser!! She didn't need to apologize he should, and he wouldn't even look at us he was a pouty baby!! I told her it was totally fine, she then grabs Maddie's arm and sincerely apologized and Maddie as mad as she was (you could see in her face she was never going to be ok over it) said it's ok too... she then is the one to say to me he should apologize... You don't mess with her sometimes... really I couldn't believe she threw the cup at him! I love my two daughters more then the world (my boys too) and am so so lucky we have the opportunity to do all the things we get to do together! We love love Taylor Swift too, we are ready to watch another concert already!
And here is stinky Pete and I sharing a chair... we really didn't care the whole thing was a little funny because really how is it I can have encounters almost every where I go??? I was good though I did not even acknowledge that it had happened except to go get napkins and try to clean up as much as I could....I didn't yell at the guy or anything! Don't you love Liv's outfit, she had her Taylor shirt on but wanted to also wear her Taylor Swift dress, she was going to change in the middle of the show like Taylor does, but so many people told her they liked her dress that she left it on the whole time... quite the get up!! She was having so much fun she didn't even really know the beer incident was going on... she just waived her glow stick in the air the whole night!!
For a good laugh ask Maddie about the sun burnt belly in my face too!!




7 comments:
O my gosh I would have been so mad people are soooo Rude!!! I am so glad she threw the cup at him Go Madz!!! It looks like you had so much fun I Love Taylor.. I bet it was such a fun concert I am jelous I wish she would come here!!!! You girls looks so cute in your shirts, I am glad you didnt let that idiot ruin your night and its just a fabulous story you will always remember;->
OMG! You handled the situation a lot better than I would have. Cory and Mak saw Taylor last year when she was in Salt Lake. They loved the concert. She is a unique lady! Glad you had fun and made some memories:)
glad you guys had a great time! what a jack-o! I can not even believe it, I would have been furious. I did get a phone call from you during the concert, I don't know if it was on purpose or not but all I could hear was screaming and music... and I was a little jealous!
Seriously??? What a punk! I think Maddie handled that perfectly. Aren't you so glad she has the guts to defend herself? I love your relationship with your girls. It's really so sweet. (Makes me pop a tear every time you talk about it.) Ah well...maybe I'll have granddaughters right? So glad you guys had such a fun time! Clearly something you will NEVER forget!
I got teary-eyed reading your post . . . then got irritated. I need to go with you everywhere! Go Madz! Good for her . . . send her over, I'll teach her some comebacks!!
I wish Lila and I had been there. We just love Miss Taylor! I hope you do have lots of mommy/daughter trips over the years. I look forward to having them with my girls too. Don't you just love people who think they are sooo amusing. I'm proud of Maddie for sticking up to the putz. I love Olivia's face in the pictures where she is smiling so big. I bet this is something they will never forget. You have such good kids.
Oh man, I am SOOO jealous right now. I am so happy for you guys though that you got to go. And the beer incident...pathetic. It kinda seems weird to me that they would even need to sell beer at a Taylor Swift concert. You handled it well. Too bad you didn't have Tammy T. with you. That has happened every time I've been to a concert or a ball game with her. She just beats up the person who does that to her. Good times.
Post a Comment