Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day


Every Year for Valentines, my mom puts on a dinner for all of the adults in my family at her house. It is always so much fun, we don't have to wait for 90 minutes in a restaurant, we have a good dinner and a great time. Some years we play games including the Newlywed game (which I believe my parents won) and others we just talk. This year we just talked and laughed a lot!! The boys humor really feeds off each other and really makes for a good time!!
The top picture is Autumn and Miotch...aren't they a cute couple, someone once told me that you and the person you marry should have noses that match. Theirs match really well..... lets check out everyone Else's.... Corbin and Jaimie ....yep actually their smiles really match as well.
Me and Tom... I wouldn't think our noses matched but in this picture they look like they do.....They would have to I guess we have been married (and happy) for almost 16 years and we do have pretty cute kids....


Mike and Amber, they are too far apart to tell..... j/k it looks like they have the same shading on the side so yep! Mike was joking around in this picture, he felt like I was harassing him like when you go to pick up a girl for a dance and her parents just want to take photos...



Shawna and Andrew (and Xman) I think yes they both have a thinner nose then the rest of us...




And last but not least.... My parents and yes it does match really well!! Good thing they have been married 42 years!! Thanks so much for the great time we love you both!!
Sorry Nat & Josh, Audrey and Dan you left before I pulled the camera out.... and Troy and Blanca we missed you both!












So Today I had Flowers show up in a box on my doorstep..... They are the cutest tulips ever. I usually think Valentines is such a lame holiday but I was honestly really excited I totally loved them. What I loved the most was the card that came with them and the surprise of course!!

Here is the card, Tom is just so funny even when he is being totally serious....














As for him being an "ass" I can count probably on one hand the amount of times it has happened.... it certainly is not that few the other way around. (Me being the butt I mean) Check out the picture below for a picture of the last time he sent me flowers on Valentines day (he has sent them other times) and their is a reason why he has not sent them since...







Here is "My Cool husband Tom" on our first married Valentines (I know)And here are the infamous flowers.... When we were first married lets just say things were a little more then tight.... So I am at work and these flowers get delivered, I thought they were so nice and I was super excited to get them, but the more I thought about it the more I kept thinking these had to be really expensive!! So I call the florist to find out exactly how much they cost..... $60 BUCKS!!! For real that was like a month's worth of groceries.... so I called Tom thanked him for the flowers (I hope I don't remember that part) but said DON'T ever send me flowers on Valentines day again!!

Anyway I hope everyone has a Happy Valentines day tomorrow, I think I shall have a new outlook on the holiday... it is fun for kids and should be a day to celebrate the love we all have for each other... right (my reason I think it is lame is because I think you should love each other and show it all the time but I guess a day set aside is a good idea?)

3 comments:

Honk's Thoughts said...

The old pictures are almost worth star billing on your blog, but nothing beats "selling napkins!" anyway congrats on the flowers, my valentine info hopefully will come tomorrow. Until then, have a great Valentines Day! (By the way, can the Counselor in the Bishopric really say that "a" word?

Becky said...

Oh my gosh. Me and Leer have that same exact rule about flowers for the same exact reason. Yet, I too got flowers this year for Valentine's Day. What a nice note though. And you two make the perfect couple.

Carlye Momma said...

That's HILARIOUS! I LOVE the nose comparison (crap...i have no idea how to spell that and it looks way wrong!) You guys have such a sweet relationship! One to definitely look up to...which is SO great for your kids and everyone around you!

LOVE YA BABE!