This year we went to Lake Powell with most of my family.(it is pretty much a yearly tradition) ...sadly we were missing my 2 brothers and their wifes and some of their kids (Troy, Blanca, Josh, Natalie, Augustus, Lila & Emme) and my parents We missed you guys!!.. The rest of us had a great time though.... Audrey, Dan & Annie and my family along with Kendeyl stayed in a hotel and just met the rest of the camping crew each morning.... It was hard to leave at night but man did we love having an air conditioned bed to sleep in!! Autumn, Miotch, Corbin, Jaimie, Andrew, Shawna, Amber, Mike, Winter, Lexi, Zarley, Owen and X-man were the camping crew!!
To me Lake Powell is like Heaven on Earth!! It is my favorite place to go.....
some of my favorite things are......
1.Everyone waves to each other, as you drive by another boat you all wave like its an old friend... or like "hey good times right".....
2. You never really know what time or day it is for that fact... that is the greatest feeling to me also I can share my girls camp skills and make a sun dial to guess the time!
3. The scenery can't get any better, it really just is beautiful!
4. If your hot you just jump in the water to cool off. I love that refreshing feeling and it takes me a few days when I get home to get over the lets just jump in the water feeling when I'm hot.
5. Its time spent with people I love!! In the sun and water which I also love!!
A few of this years highlights were.... Our new molecule tube, we all had so much fun being pulled on it, playing king of the hill on it, seeing who could balance the longest on it etc.... I think they even ended up sleeping on it.
We went to Rainbow Bridge.... I hadn't been in probably 30 years.. It was fun and it really is amazing to see. Mitch got in trouble from the Ranger for walking on sacred ground... I believe their is a picture in the slide show of it.
We brought 2 friends Kendeyl (with Madz) and Lexi (with Winter) they made it all the more fun, and we were glad they came with us...
Olivia got bit by a duck... it jumped right up and took a taste of her cheek..... It left quite a mark and I think my kids will forever be changed (feeding ducks is not so fun anymore)
I got chased by some freaky man in a motorized wheel chair... he came out from behind a dumpster like a mad man and I had to run for my life... probably pretty funny to anyone watching...
They had a lot of wild life in their camp site we had not seen before at Lake Powell... Rattle Snakes, a fox? They debate on if that is what it was... and then the regular frogs and lizards...
The boys played a little Baci??
Livie learned to knee board, Madz learned to slalom, we all had a try at surfing and quite liked it!! Winter and Kendeyl tried and learned almost everything (skiing, wake boarding, knee boarding, surfing etc....
I love how serious Jaimie and Madz get on the tube too, they seem like they are in some kind of serious tubing competition they can scurry from one side of the tube to the other to keep it from tipping or them going off... we did have some great falls on the tubes though!!
Anyway it was one of our all time funnest trips to Lake Powell and I can't wait to go again next year!! Enjoy the slide show of pictures..... Good times I tell ya!!
To me Lake Powell is like Heaven on Earth!! It is my favorite place to go.....
some of my favorite things are......
1.Everyone waves to each other, as you drive by another boat you all wave like its an old friend... or like "hey good times right".....
2. You never really know what time or day it is for that fact... that is the greatest feeling to me also I can share my girls camp skills and make a sun dial to guess the time!
3. The scenery can't get any better, it really just is beautiful!
4. If your hot you just jump in the water to cool off. I love that refreshing feeling and it takes me a few days when I get home to get over the lets just jump in the water feeling when I'm hot.
5. Its time spent with people I love!! In the sun and water which I also love!!
A few of this years highlights were.... Our new molecule tube, we all had so much fun being pulled on it, playing king of the hill on it, seeing who could balance the longest on it etc.... I think they even ended up sleeping on it.
We went to Rainbow Bridge.... I hadn't been in probably 30 years.. It was fun and it really is amazing to see. Mitch got in trouble from the Ranger for walking on sacred ground... I believe their is a picture in the slide show of it.
We brought 2 friends Kendeyl (with Madz) and Lexi (with Winter) they made it all the more fun, and we were glad they came with us...
Olivia got bit by a duck... it jumped right up and took a taste of her cheek..... It left quite a mark and I think my kids will forever be changed (feeding ducks is not so fun anymore)
I got chased by some freaky man in a motorized wheel chair... he came out from behind a dumpster like a mad man and I had to run for my life... probably pretty funny to anyone watching...
They had a lot of wild life in their camp site we had not seen before at Lake Powell... Rattle Snakes, a fox? They debate on if that is what it was... and then the regular frogs and lizards...
The boys played a little Baci??
Livie learned to knee board, Madz learned to slalom, we all had a try at surfing and quite liked it!! Winter and Kendeyl tried and learned almost everything (skiing, wake boarding, knee boarding, surfing etc....
I love how serious Jaimie and Madz get on the tube too, they seem like they are in some kind of serious tubing competition they can scurry from one side of the tube to the other to keep it from tipping or them going off... we did have some great falls on the tubes though!!
Anyway it was one of our all time funnest trips to Lake Powell and I can't wait to go again next year!! Enjoy the slide show of pictures..... Good times I tell ya!!




5 comments:
Glad you had fun! I didn't know that ducks were such ferocious animals. Scary! And strange men in motorized Rascals are scary too. Good thing you escaped! And when we were there, most people waved, but what does it mean when a boatload of guys does the hip pump movement like they're humping the air? Ew.
Sounds like a blast. I'll have to get with you and learn about boating at Powell so we can go next year!
It really was one of the best trips ever. So proud of you doing a slide show
So much fun You are all so happy. Powell boating is the best! Sorry about the scary motorized man, sounds like everyone learned some new things and the giant tube everyone tried to balance on looks like so much fun! Fun times!
lol...i love you. you make me laugh! Poor Livvy...and I think anyone on a Rascal can get crazy. my grandma was a maniac on that thing. Watch your toes is all I have to say. bahahahaha!!!
Post a Comment